LegacyGT.com

What do you have done to ur 98LGT LIMITED!?

• I Donated
not much for power with an auto as you can only run piggy backs..

Whats that have to do with anything? You can tune a piggy back just like you can a stand alone.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Just wanna see what people have done to there 98 legacy gt limited edition, and if it is worth the mods with the auto tranny? Pics and vids?

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w40/Kenshin1984/The%20new%20car%20of%202011/223638_2140460464759_1043592276_2468060_4415848_n.jpg

Hybrid intake (A lil' something can be felt at 2500rpm).

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w40/Kenshin1984/The%20new%20car%20of%202011/0804011054.jpg

Exhaust headers (now removed & getting the inside of the flanges ground down for max flow.) Helps with low-end TQ.

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w40/Kenshin1984/The%20new%20car%20of%202011/0805012136.jpg

Exhaust (Was on but is now removed for 'touching up' like the header. Helps with mid-range power. Definitely smooths things out.)

Intake/headers/exhaust will free up some power.

I was getting about 350mi a tank with these added on.

The car is currently under repair.

But now you have an example of what you can do.

Don't shoot for power when you don't have a turbo.

Go for response. It definitely helps.

Suspension/braking mods are golden. I'd start there first if I were you.

Very nice! What is the exhaust? And how loud is that setup? Also no high flow cat? And what suspension mods do you have done?

Thank you!

The exhaust is OBX & it's a catbackfor a 2002-2007 Impreza.

Actually, it isn't too loud unless you really hammer it. Otherwise, it's very tame (that giant resonator tones it down during city driving.)

I kept my stock cats & believe it or not, they handled the exhaust mods just fine.

Suspension is stock KYB (ALL BD GTs here come with this) for now. Suspension & braking mods are going to be my prime focus after I replace the engine.

I just bought the car i need to to head gaskets, and going to everything else i can while i have the engine out. Then going to drop in the rokkor coil overs to sit it a little lower because all the struts are shot! And for the price of under $500 you cant beat it! lol

Then i was planing on doing UEL headers, high flow cat, and cat back. And just drive it forever. haha Also wanting to do the JDM projector heads and fogs. And paint the rims gold(car is black).

How much was the obx exhaust? And are the headers obx as well? Why are you replacing the engine? And with another Ej25d?

Exhaust was $300 & the headers are OBX also.

I'm replacing the engine because I killed it by popping a rod through the block. The damage was sustained from the previous owner & I bought it because it was the cleanest Legacy GT I could find near me (even though I've banged it up some now). I needed it for school & didn't have enough time to get another engine before it blew.

It might be replaced with a 251 block or a full 22E/222.

Oh nice! Can you post up some pics? Mine is basically mint except the front bumper needs painting and the normal rear wheel well rust. But that is all going to get fixed. Picked it up for $600! Needs head gaskets(hopefully thats all) the guy said it was overheating, and i started it and listened to it and it didn't sound like the engine was blown so i am praying he is telling the truth that he never let it truly overheat. Will post up a pic tonight if the idiot tow truck driver has time to get it today.

Oh nice! Can you post up some pics? Mine is basically mint except the front bumper needs painting and the normal rear wheel well rust. But that is all going to get fixed. Picked it up for $600! Needs head gaskets(hopefully thats all) the guy said it was overheating, and i started it and listened to it and it didn't sound like the engine was blown so i am praying he is telling the truth that he never let it truly overheat. Will post up a pic tonight if the idiot tow truck driver has time to get it today.

When you get it home, get it to where you're going to work on it & don't run it anymore.

If it was overheating, then coolant has gotten through to the oil, which you don't want to keep circulating through your internals.

Bearings are not a cheap fix.

With head gasket replacements should come timing belt w/tensioner replacement (if it hasn't already been done) & water pump w/gasket replacement.

Yea gonna go through, head gaskets, timing belt, tensioners, water pump, all gaskets, intake exhaust, main seal, and that thing in the tranny someone told me to replace if its plastic? Oil pump seal cam seals, all that good stuff. And yea i know not to run it i just wanted to see if it already had a blown bearing by the sound before i bought it.

Archived