LegacyGT.com

Just bought a 2007 spec b... Maintence?

Hey guys I just picked uo a spec b with 52000 miles on it for a pretty decent price. I was just wondering what you guys think I should do maintenance wise so I can I can have this car run for a long time. Since I just bought I was thinking oil change. Is there anything else I should check and/or change?

Thanks!!

Learn to check the oil level every few day's until you learn how much she drinks.

TOP IT OFF everytime its not full.

Do 3500 mile oil changes.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

it's a Spec B. those things can go every 6k before you need an oil change. basically whatever the GT's maintenance schedule is, add 5k to it.

And the Spec B is also designed to "starve" on oil every now and then.

seriously.....is this your first car that you have to come on a forum and ask for advice on how to maintain your car?

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Jeez guys, lighten up, they guy get's a nice car low miles and I'm sure he's excited (I would be). Probably just looking for some friendly advice and everyone here is pulling his chain.

Only advice I'd offer is, when in doubt go the extra mile and do the maintenance. Based on what I've seen these cars can be temperamental if not treated like gold.

Don't save the brakes using your clutch, don't stretch out your oil changes, and don't use mid grade gas to save a few pennies (if you ask about using low octane the advice will be to return the car where you bought it...lol). Most of all, virtually any question you have about your car (like advice for you new Subie) has probably already been posted (probably why your getting pelted w/ sarcasm). Check out the forums search feature. If you can't find it, come back and ask.

Oh, and get some pics up and show off your ride...

Cheers....

What goes bad at that mileage...nothing if the car was maintained.

You may want to get it on a stage 1 tune. It's good for the car.

Oh you may want to check the rear brake pads. I just replaced mine, they had about 50,000 miles on them and there was not to much left.

If you have the rotors turned, have them surfaced on a flywheel cutter. It gives a much better surface then having them turned.

I had my rears done for $40.00

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived