LegacyGT.com

Is $33.4K a good price for a 2012 Legacy GT? Out the door price...

Hello, I apologize ahead of time if I am doing this wrong or posting this in the wrong place, first time posting...

I have been researching and analyzing purchasing a Legacy GT for a couple months now. I originally wanted to buy a used one, however the current supply and price of the used LGT's makes it seam unreasonable. For only a couple thousand I can get one brand new :-)

I signed up for the IMBA about a month or two ago in order to get the VIP pricing however I don't know if I want to wait that long to purchase my car especially if it is only going to save me <$1K.

The quote I have from the dealer is for the following:

2012 Legacy GT, Manual

Graphite Grey

Additional Options/additions outside what comes stock:

-Trunk Lip Spoiler

-Auto Dim Mirror w/ Homelink

-All Weather Mats

-Interior Illumination Kit

-Splash Guards

-Trunk Cargo Tray

-Wheel Locks

$33,414 w/ options & Taxes

The MSRP w/ the options I have selected is $33,613. The dealer was willing to take $2,302 off MSRP.

After adding $190 Document Fee, $1.890 Michigan .06% Tax, and $23 License fee. I would have the car at $33,414 out the door with the options. Is this a good price? What do you think I would pay for the same setup with the VIP Pricing(including Tax)? Like I said above, If the VIP pricing isn't that much different I will just buy now...

I will likely add on the Short Throw Shifter however I am wishy washy about it right now. I have heard it messes w/ your Syncros but I have also heard it creates a much better driving experience. Same thing with the Strut bar, Any opinions/suggestions here?

I live in MI so as soon as I take delivery of the car I plan on buying some Blizzak tires and purchasing a Thule Areo cross bar with ski box. I will later purchase the fork mount mountain bike attachment. I looked at purchasing the newly available crossbar from Subaru for the 2012 legacy, however it looks like it is the same latch system as the Thule one. I figure the Thule one will be more Aerodynamic, cheaper, and easily transferable to different vehicles (assuming I buy the fit kits).

I know there are forms out there which ask what people have paid but sometime it is hard to tell whether people are including taxes/license/title fees in their quotes. Also, some people talked about getting theirs below invoice, I feel like my quote is no where near below invoice... This makes me think I am getting screwed...?

I test drove a 3.6R today and if felt nice but I was not Blown Away, has anyone driven both the GT and the 3.6? Does the GT feel noticeably better?

I have driven a 93 honda accord since I turned 16 so this will be my 1st new car. I really want all wheel drive, manual transmission, turbo charged, and room for 4 people. If you have any suggestions on different options I should be going with or anything really, I would greatly appreciate the help!

Also random question: Was thinking about doing chip, blow off valve, and exhaust. Open to suggestions here as well. I really don't want an exhaust system that hummms on the high way... or is really loud when idling, is this even possible? It would be great if there were a brand which just sounded great/loud when I “hit the gas pedal hard”, I really don't want the humming of a loud exhaust while cruising at 80mph.

That isn't bad, it is a couple hundred dollars over invoice (I'm coming up with an invoice price of $31.1 and you're getting it for $31.3). I paid invoice for my '10--I told them I was going to purchase through Costco and they said not to bother, they would sell at invoice. At most, you probably have $200-$500 of wiggle room.

The short throw shifter (STS) is worth it, only because the stock shifter sucks. The STS is just less suck. I've had mine for 26K with no issues.

I'd skip the strut tower brace and invest in a larger rear anti roll bar instead.

About your random question....there is no chip. What you want is the Cobb AP :) Skip the blow off valve--I don't think anyone is running one on a 5th gen. Several exhaust options--5th gen specific cat back, or WRX sedan mufflers both fit. Check out the 5th gen forum to listen to sound clips.

Welcome, and good luck with your purchase.

Maybe I got a really good price, but my 2011 GT with Nav and rear spoiler was $30,300 before TTL (which I ordered). I got a tremendous deal on it, but I wouldn't pay over invoice on the car. Can you order your car at a dealer in a different state and have it shipped? I am not sure how that works.

In terms of the options, some things such as the all weather mats and cargo mat may be cheaper elsewhere.

I think the STS is a decent buy, but I honestly think spending about $700 for it is absurd, especially from the feedback I heard about it not being that great, but still better than stock. However this is the only STS available for the car at the time.

my Accord invoice was $30,300 + tax (w/ all options, except Nav)

I bought it for $27,400 out the door, funny enough, I kept stressing on how much I spent for gas every week. The saleman steered me to a 4cyl and the new civic but I told him, I need POWAH too... :redface:

trust me, they can't sell that much GT nowaday... bargain more, or wait for a year end sale event, when dealer desperately want to get rid of their old models

Excellent, Thank you all for the quick responses. In terms on financing, Subaru currently has 2.9% for 60 Months. I hear that credit unions are offering pretty good rates. So far the best I have found in West Michigan is 2.5%... Anyone heard of a better bank to go with on lending?

• 4 weeks later...

Ended up ordering my 2012 Legacy GT yesterday!

Thank you for those who helped!

This is a http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/ordered-my-2012-legacy-gt-yesterday-174082.html?p=3628778#post3628778 link to my post about my purchase in case you are interested. Let me know what you think... I also need help choosing a license plate.

I see your also a skier, my plate is GOTSNO. We can't get 7 letters here in CT, but GOTSNOW would be awesome.

Really? I thought 7 was the shortest plate you could get in the country (MD has a 7 character limit). Wild. We are allowed 7, but my tag is only 6 so I could keep the Blue Heron on the MD "Save The Bay" license plate.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Yea, go figure, VT has 7 letters and a 1/3 the number of people that CT has... I think we have a bunch of morons running the DMV here.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived