LegacyGT.com

What's My Car Worth?

What's up people, could use a little help here. I'm definitely going to be selling the LGT soon, and i'm wondering what the best route to go is. I recently pulled all of the aftermarket goodies off of the car that I had stock parts lying around for, or could easily acquire. So here's how the car sits now-

2005 LGT OBP, just clicked 70k miles, all factory options including cold weather package, clean title, located in Northern California. Interior is a pretty much flawless 9/10. exterior has a few door dings, nothing major, typical 6 yr old Subaru paint, and the passenger side rear tire has very minimal curbing. I'd say overall the exterior is an 8/10.

In addition to the stock options, it's got the following modifications:

Interior

Diode Dynamics LED kit

Exterior

20% Tint

AVO Grille w/ GT badge

Tinted Front Signal Overlays

Tinted Signal Mirror Overlays

Smoked Tail Light Overlays with Oval Cutouts

Tuning

Now Stock

Drivetrain

Kartboy Front Shifter Bushings

Kartboy Rear Shifter Bushings

GroupN 5MT Transmission Mount

GroupN Transmission Crossmember Bushings

Exhaust

Now stock

Suspension

Rallitek Springs

Rallitek 19mm Rear Swaybar

Rallitek Rear HD Endlinks

Perrin LCA Bushings

Braking

04' STi Brembos- front

Stoptech Street Series pads- front

Stock LGT rear calipers- painted black

Hawk HPS pads- rear

Techna-Fit SS brake lines all around

DBA Street Series slotted rotors all around

Wheels/Tires

Rota Gravels 18X8

Hankook Ventus V12 235/40/18

FastWrx "Carbon" STi overlays

With all that being said, i'm trying to figure out what a realistic asking price for the car is. I'm also contemplating trading the car in to a dealership, just for the convienence of it. I'd realllllllly like to not do this, as i'm sure they'd give me way less for the car than I could private party, but I can't go very long without a vehicle, so if I were to sell the car to a private party, i'd be at the mercy of whatever cars were on the market at that second, and within the following couple of days. What are your guys opinions on how much the car is worth, both to a dealership and to a private party? Thanks in advance.

Here's how the car looks:

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb223/0honegt/Legacy/IMAG0043.jpg

I agree with frank_ster in most instances. That is unless you can find an enthusiast that likes the way you have modified the car.

FYI I just paid $13,500 for my basically stock (Cobb STS and an aftermarket grill) 2005 OBP LGT Limited with 68,000 on it. I just gave him what he was asking for it on Autotrader which is actually 500 less than KBB's value for a "good" condition car.

Strip it down to stock. Sell it off for fair market value in your area.

Or strip it down and trade it in at a dealer and demand that they give you top trade in dollar for it.

Then, sell the mods on this site for a few Grand.

But don't bother selling it with all the mods privately or at dealer trade in. You won't get anything extra for it all.

If I was in the market, I would offer you fair market value for it as is, but nothing more for the mods.

I just paid $14,000 Canadian for my 05 GT limited which was a wholesale cost because I work at the dealership. It has 66,000km which is roughly 41,000 miles. We were going to ask $18,999 for it. Up here where I live in Calgary these are very rare cars generally 05-07 limited are listed for 18-21,000 depending on mileage and if its a wagon or sedan.

Hmm.... mostly confirmed what I'd suspected. I know i'd eat whatever mods I left on the car, just takes so much effort to pull all the parts haha. Looks like i'll be on the lookout for some stock parts to replace all the aftermarket with. Thanks for the input!

I sold my last vehicle with all the mods on it -- an enthusiast bought it. Going back to stock can be a real pain in the butt sometimes, especially if you don't have your OEM parts. I saved the DP for my SpecB so I can (maybe) go back to stock when I sell it. Then I can sell my DP and AP separately from the car. Whoever buys mine will probably know it was modded because of the aftermarket gearbox, though.

I sold my last car, a heavily modded Acura, to an budding enthusiast, but it was for only a grand higher than street value (I had previously turfed all the OEM parts in a dumpster when i had to move houses). The seriously low clicks were a benefit more than anything. And it took 3 months to find the right buyer.

With this car, I have kept ALL OEM parts, knowing that a de-mod back to stock is the best way to sell the car privately.

When I sell mine, I am going to sell as is. It would be too much of a pain in the ass to go back to stock on the little amount of time I have. I know I'm going to eat the cost, but that's what you get for having a hobby that shows no return for the love you treat it with.

Archived