LegacyGT.com

Car & Driver and MotorWeek braking tests

[quote name='outahere']Subaru Outback 70-0mph requires 204 ft. Hummer H2 70-0mph requires 244 ft.[/quote] Moral of the story is don't let a Hummer tailgate you on the freeway :x EDIT: Because the driver will probably be on the phone or doing her nails...

SOA can add a braking section too the 2-page OBXT ads their currently running in all the mags. You know the one on page 56-57 of the July C&D. Example: 0-60 MPH IN 5.9 SECONDS--------------FASTER THAN [color=white]........................................................[/color]PORSCHE BOXSTER [color=white]........................................................[/color]PORSCHE CAYENNE [color=white]........................................................[/color]BMW X5 70-0 MPH IN 204ft------------------------SHORTER THAN [color=white]........................................................[/color]CHEVY SILVERADO 1500 4X4 [color=white]........................................................[/color]FORD F-150 SUPERCREW 4X4 [color=white]........................................................[/color]HUMMER H2 :)

• 2 years later...
[quote name='Workinearly']My '05 F-150 Lariat 4 door will out-brake my new Outback XT wagon by a large margin. It was kinda scary the first time I hauled the Subie down hard from 100. I was running out of road pretty fast.[/quote] I've noticed a similar thing about the Spec. B. The initial bite on the rotors isn't robust enough on dry pavement. The brakes OEM brakes on my Infiniti J30t were excellent. They might not have been any more powerful but they conveyed a lot of information immediately. My car seems to surprise in the last 30 yards when you have to really put some leg input into them. Then again I'm practicing heel toeing most of the time and traveling pretty quick so my stopping technique is still in the tenderfoot stage. :)

[quote name='racerdave'] Motor Week Recent Road Tests [SIZE="5"][B]Braking 60-0 mph[/B][/SIZE]: *** 155 feet 2005 Subaru Outback XT *** 150 feet Ford F-150 [B][SIZE="5"]142 feet Toyota Prius[/SIZE][/B] 137 feet Nissan Pathfinder Armada 136 feet Forester 2.5 XT 135 feet Toyota Sienna 134 feet GMC Envoy XUV 133 feet 2003 Honda Accord 133 feet Dodge Durango 133 feet Subaru Baja Turbo [/QUOTE] bullshit the prius cant get up to 60MPH :lol:

For those questioning the performance of the GT sedan, according to the August '06 Car & Driver (the one with the, umm... not nice long term test) their 70-0 at new was 195ft and with 40,000 miles was 178ft. Still quite poor numbers for a car with such impressive (on paper) brakes. The as new anyway, I'm guessing the other cars as orignally quoted here were as new as well.

Look at the subaru baja with the really short #'s. Lets see old OB platform and same RE92's (i think). and it is the shortest of the bunch. Subaru imporved the brakes on the 05-06 OB. So what really gives here. The old OB and Baja would out brake a new one by a lot and the new OB is over 200lbs lighter then the Baja!!!!!!!!!! WHAT THE HECK?????????? Someting is way wrong with the test or the car!!!!

[quote name='KA81']bullshit the prius cant get up to 60MPH :lol:[/quote] ^ Quiet, naysayer/nonbeliever! [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/general-funny/37075-prius-racing-lol.html?highlight=prius+racing"]http://legacygt.com/forums/general-funny/37075-prius-racing-lol.html?highlight=prius+racing[/URL] :p :) :lol:

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Archived