LegacyGT.com

went to the dragstrip

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wouldnt imagine it was overboost because when i had overboost issues it just stutter for a sec then kept going.

And +1 on the slower time, but thats because of the powerloss issue. Imagine if it was pulling all the way to redline.

I did a 13.6 in my obxt at a slow drag strip with stage 2+ a fmic. 2 stage 2 sti's were only getting 13.4 as their best.

Not on a dragstrip, but when I was logging and overboosting, my fuel cut was abrupt and hard: bam!:eek: Then I backed off, CEL and flashing cruise...

^^^not for me anymore.

StiKiller, the tactrix is nice because it is easy plug and play IIRC. The VagCom is a pain in the butt and requires so effort to get working. You have to mess with drivers, find an older version of ECU flash, etc. But if you can get through that, then it's almost interchangeable with a Tactrix. Also VagCom can be used with FreeSSM to reset TCU codes, and Tactrix 2.0 cannot. I think Tactrix 1.3 can, haven't tried it though.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

im pretty computer savvy so i think i could get the vag-com to work. i dont know how much i am putting down in theory it should be around 360-370 to the wheels. but with my tune as it is i dont think thats the case right now my tuner seems to be incompetent right now.even under like 1/3 throttle manual shifting it hiccups right when it shifts into gear. i dont know how close i am with maxing out the 850 either it should be good though.

Courtesy of NSFW: http://www.romraider.com/RomRaider/IncompleteGuideToTuning

I am tuning myself, but I ended up with a big head start from Infamous1 as we were on revision 3 of e-tuning when my original 5eat finally got to the point it could not do 3rd gear pulls anymore. It is massively helpful to have a good base tune to start with.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

Why could you not do 3rd gear pulls anymore?

A clutch pack was losing grip as the torque would peak, causing the transmission and thus whole car to chatter violently as it struggled to stay engaged. When I pulled apart the trans, it was a mess inside. Almost everything was burned. This was before the days of the Hex F1.

im pretty computer savvy so i think i could get the vag-com to work. i dont know how much i am putting down in theory it should be around 360-370 to the wheels. but with my tune as it is i dont think thats the case right now my tuner seems to be incompetent right now.even under like 1/3 throttle manual shifting it hiccups right when it shifts into gear. i dont know how close i am with maxing out the 850 either it should be good though.

vag-com is not difficult to get working - plenty of install instructions for ECU flash. It can require a bit of restarting to get it to work right, though. Overall, it shouldn't be too hard if you have moderate computing experience.

Yea ill get it to work I'm sure of it. Especially when it means the difference of 160 bucks lol. Well I'm glad I got the hex mod just concerned with the other tranny noise I'm getting... but not much I can do about it right now I'm broke now without a job so ill have somebody take a look at it and let me know what it is so I can fix it later. That's why I'm learning how to tune. Wish I could post a learning view so u guys can take a look at the learning view and some logs so you can criticize his tune and see how far off he is

• Mega Users

I'm not sure if the windows 7 64 bit issue has been solved, but I remember that causing most of the problems with the cable. Be prepared for a little extra hastle if you are using that.

You should be able to post the lv, logs and tables when you get the cable. Hopefully you don't have big problems with the trans.

I'm not sure if the windows 7 64 bit issue has been solved, but I remember that causing most of the problems with the cable. Be prepared for a little extra hastle if you are using that.

You should be able to post the lv, logs and tables when you get the cable. Hopefully you don't have big problems with the trans.

I hope I don't have big problems either with the trans I have a video posted of the trans noise somewhere... I will post it when I find it

I recommend you pull your center differencial and take it apart. Historically they make noise before they blow. I have one here if yours is shot, but best to avoid buying one since they are so expensive. Expect some down time doing this. It certainly won't get better without you working on it.

• Mega Users
I recommend you pull your center differencial and take it apart. Historically they make noise before they blow. I have one here if yours is shot, but best to avoid buying one since they are so expensive. Expect some down time doing this. It certainly won't get better without you working on it.

So you think it's the center diff bearings? Do they typically wreck any other parts when they fail?

Archived