LegacyGT.com

Bolt-On BD Catback Exhaust

Have to add about 12 inches of piping to them since the BD chassis is longer than the GC's.

• I Donated

The second one is long enough, but hangars are different.

The only direct swap on your exhaust would be something SPECIFICALLY made for the Legacy

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

• 2 weeks later...

Since this CatBack is shorter, does anyone know if I just need to extend the secondary pipe or the pipe on the muffler side.

On another note, I just got my coated header back from Cradin Industries in Boerne, TX. He said it's a Zirconia type coating. It looks like primer to me.

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/4/567/4449/38917224036_medium.jpg

Since this CatBack is shorter, does anyone know if I just need to extend the secondary pipe or the pipe on the muffler side.

On another note, I just got my coated header back from Cradin Industries in Boerne, TX. He said it's a Ziconia type coating. It looks like primer to me.

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/4/567/4449/38917224036_medium.jpg

Secondary pipe has to be lengthened & the hangers have to be relocated. Coated header ftw! That should definitely help with exhaust flow.

Can't wait to install the new header!

I was going to do this cat back, but I was thinking, since the outlet is only 2.25" on this header, is there any benefit going 2.5" pipes? I am thinking not, but I am sure someone can school me on this.

I will just find a different muffler to replace the stock one if there is no benefit to running 2.5" piping.

• I Donated
Some will tell you that there is a benefit, but personally I don't think a N/A EJ engine moves nearly enough air to even gain a minor (if any) benefit. You might get a different sound out of it....but performance wise I don't think you would get much

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Ok, thank you for the response. I will just go with a different exhaust. Also, I didn't want to have a loud sound, just deep.

On another note, the gaskets that came with this header looks thick, but I remember when I was working on my SR20 motor that I bought a nice copper one from Summit Racing. Should I do the same and get that or just some factory OE gaskets from the dealer. Autozone doesn't have our gaskets, exhaust nor flange.

• I Donated

You can use what came with the header or OEM....doesn't really matter.

Gaskets are gaskets....unless you're talking about head gaskets

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

My suggestion:

Take it to an exhaust shop (Not Midas/Meineke) and have them install the Header and build you a custom Cat-Back.

That's what I did, and it was a total of $650 out the door... And that included heli-coiling all 6 Exhaust Studs, as they are guaranteed to break on the Header Install!!:icon_mad::mad:

I went with 2.25" piping, High Flow Cat, and a High Flow Dynomax Muffler. There is definitely a gain in throttle response, and I swear by the 'Butt Dyno':wub: a HP gain as well, but no definitive numbers to prove that.....:p

• 2 months later...

Archived