LegacyGT.com

Any link to replace Fog bulbs on 09 gt

The car manual says to have the dealer/shop replace the bulbs on the 09 legacy fogs. Wondering if it is really hard to do or something special that cant be done at home ?. Does the car have to be raised to this ?

Does anyone have link or instructions on how to go replace the bulbs in the fogs..without making a trip to the dealer ?

thanks for your help.

I imagine it is much the same as my '06...........you have to raise the front of the car and access them from underneath through a small panel directly in front of the front wheels....PITA the first time but not that hard once you get used to it.

I believe you could removed the little panel on earlier models in front of the tire.

STUPID SUBARU engineers. What a bunch of bone heads...hope SOA reads this thread.

I have to replace my left one. Was going to do it last weekend but it was to freak'in humid out. I'll wait until this coming weekend.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• Mega Users

All you need to take the front bumper off is a flat head screwdriver (for the pop-its)

and a philips head screwdriver (or a socket if you want to get fancy) for the grill bolts.

Once those are removed (keeping the grill connected to the bumper) just slide it off.

Make sure you have a towel or something to lay it one while you disconnect the fog light leads.

Once those are disconnected your bumper skin is free!

Then you can remove your headlights, install hellas, clean and fiddle with things....the possibilities are endless!

Turn your steering all the way and reach through from the wheel fender liner.

That was my first thought. Or even remove the wheel.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

i changed my foglight bulbs from the 9006's to the 9012 Philips HIR2 bulbs and I did not have to remove my front bumper skin. I know its easy ive done it before (remove the bumper skin) however they have holes under the car near the front bumper. I dont have specific instructions however it was not hard to do. Once you get to the back of the bulb all you do is twist them and pull them out and since my car is on Cobb springs i jacked it up a little to get under the car.
I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

:lol:

you are really going to go through the trouble of removing the bumper? If you jack up the car, you can see 6 or 7 pop its that hold up the plastic covering. If you take them out you can get to the bulb from there. I had plenty of room to change the bulbs and install HIDs in the fog lights. If you have a problem with working under your car, you should either invest in a hydraulic jack, or bring the car to the dealer and stop being a sissy to crawl under your damn car. Max Capacity, there is no reason to remove the wheel to change these bulbs. If you can get under the car, its all right there. There is a plastic piece under the motor and a separate plastic piece under each side of the wheel well as well.

Thanks, I can just drive it up on the ramps.

I have no problem getting under the car I did R&R the tranny and rear diff this past summer.

Drive up on ramps,

remove pop its by wheel,

one right behind where the fog is,

and one by more towards the engine (will have a Philips head on it).

Pull the liner down and away and look up.

There's the back of the fog light and more yah enough room to replace it.

Archived