LegacyGT.com

LCA bushings, what are my options?

cucamelsmd15

Noticed when having new tires put on last night that all four shocks/struts are leaking. KYB GR2s are already on the way to fix that problem.

The more concerning thing is that the LCA rear bushings are cracked badly, and about 1/3 of the drivers side bushings is missing. What are my replacement options? I know the stock bushings are cheap, but I also dont want to be pulling LCAs again in 40k because they are shot.

Polyurethane? Better rubber?

After somewhat poor luck with AVO products, I decided to go Whiteline throughout for bushings. They've always served me well.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

I installed a set of the upgrade 20204AG011 lca rear busings over the weekend. Very nice upgrade over my torn stockers. I was going to install the sti fronts 20204AJ000 but my stockers looked in good shape still and there is so littler rubber for movement I left them alone. For <$30/ea shipped its hard to beat the 20204AG011 if you currently have torn stockers IMO.

I installed a set of the upgrade 20204AG011 lca rear busings over the weekend. Very nice upgrade over my torn stockers. I was going to install the sti fronts 20204AJ000 but my stockers looked in good shape still and there is so littler rubber for movement I left them alone. For <$30/ea shipped its hard to beat the 20204AG011 if you currently have torn stockers IMO.

Did you press the rear LCA bushings out yourself and if so what did you use?

I have Whiteline front and rear LCA bushings. Installed at the same time as steering rack bushings and they feel great!

Current: 16 Crosstrek Premium w/ Eyesight & 05 Outback XT 5MT

Past Subies: 14 FXT Premium, 14 WRX hatch, 06 Legacy 2.5i SE 5MT, 98 Outback wagon

My car is a DD. I've never tracked it and probably never will. It's a 2.5i so not that fast anyway... But the Whiteline LCA bushings paired with steering rack bushings and my initial thought was "Wow, this is what the car should have been like from the factory!"

There is minor NVH, but not bad. Fine for a DD. Really tightened the front up in a more dramatic way than my 20mm JDM RSB did for the rear IMHO

Current: 16 Crosstrek Premium w/ Eyesight & 05 Outback XT 5MT

Past Subies: 14 FXT Premium, 14 WRX hatch, 06 Legacy 2.5i SE 5MT, 98 Outback wagon

Archived