LegacyGT.com

Bushey45's 96 Legacy L Wagon

Finally got time to put the mudflaps on, fog lights in, and wheels on.

http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb403/bushey45/PA010021.jpg

http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb403/bushey45/PA010020.jpg

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • I Donated

I like the car, its nice.

However, there are two things I would change if it were mine.

1 - put clear fog lights in...the blue doesn't really match the car

2 - paint the part of the bumper that sticks out black....it will accent the door mouldings nicely.

other then that, its a great car!

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

yeah boy, planning on getting the ob two-tone look as well. My HC build is on a stall, no funds to get little bits to put it together because im spending it on suspension work. But damn if your liking your hc build stock, i have delta cams with pnp dual port head waiting for me to be put together full of fun. This 2.2 is lacking power but is with standing everything giving it.

I like the car, its nice.

However, there are two things I would change if it were mine.

1 - put clear fog lights in...the blue doesn't really match the car

2 - paint the part of the bumper that sticks out black....it will accent the door mouldings nicely.

other then that, its a great car!

i agree with you on the fogs and the bumper. as soon as i put the fog lights in i regretted in. definitely gonna put the stock ones back in. and as far as the bumper goes, i wanted to try something different so i painted just the inside of the part that sticks out and i don't really care for that either. over the winter i'm going to make an attempt at my first turbo build, so i will pull the nose and redo the bumper then. appreciate the input!

This is inspiration!, i want to do exactly the same thing on my 96 brighton, how much did you get the OB bumpers for? that looks so great, can't wait to do it to mine

i actually got the bumpers for free. a customer of mine blew up her 97 outback and gave me the car. so i took the parts off i wanted, sold the other good ones, and took the rest to the crusher.

So I'm thinkin about a turbo build for a winter project and I'm lookin for some feedback. Here is what I've thought up so far

-Phase 1 Ej22 block halves

-Stock crank

-Ej22T rods and pistons

-ACL RACE Mains and Rods

-Ej25d heads and intake manifold

so as you can see I haven't made it very far haha but I have a few questions,

1)Will WRX water and oil pumps work?

2)I have a TD04-13T, if I wanted to run upwards of 15psi will this turbo work?

3)Any suggestions on a good set of side feed injectors?

4)I'm going to try running an AEM F/IC to try to keep my car OBD2 compliant, has anyone heard anything good or bad about this?

I'm sure I'm forgetting stuff. But any help anyone could give me would be greatly appreciated.

the 96 heads have larger intake ports then the 97 and up heads, but have slightly smaller exhaust ports.

http://www.rs25.com/forums/f5/t83177-2-5-dohc-head-questions.html

http://www.rs25.com/forums/f128/t48323-head-ports-comparison.html

check out the second link for head comparisons with pics

and I think the 96 HLA's were the same heads used on JDM STi motors at the time

No problem! At the moment I am waiting for a buddy of mine to give me his 93 Legacy SS when he finally picks up an OB or a Forester. My plan is to swap out my entire bottom end for his closed deck 2.2 bottom end, and also swap the turbo setup over with a larger turbo and a stand alone CPU. Should be a great combo for some ridiculous power.

And also, when you say your car can keep up with a WRX, what exactly did you mean by this? straight line race? how close were you to him?

You guys should all pitch in and get a container from japan of EJ20R's with the twin turbo kit :p

EDIT: Does the twin turbo kit fit properly with it being right hand drive? :S

Nope gotta mod it to hell and back to get em both in. lol

Archived