LegacyGT.com

LGT vs 335 and G37

Hey guys,

I’m wondering what would it take beyond stage 2 (UP,DP,catback and tune) for an 05-06 LGT 5speed to keep up or stay even with a 335 or a g37 from a ROLL straight line.

What mods beyond stage 2 if I am looking to put a car or two on the two mentioned from a roll?

Thanks,

Roman

Stock 335i is still a bit faster than a stage 2 LGT. You can however add a lot of power to the 335i with just a tune. My buddies 335i put down over 350 hp and tq after just a tune.

No idea on the g35/37 but they're not nearly as mod friendly. I think a stg 2 LGT should be close to a g37.

I used to eat my buddies G35 all day long. Never went against the G37 but I think it'd be the same result. The extra 30 hp in the G37 also came with an extra 200 lbs. The power to weight ratios are nearly identical.

As for the 335, a strong, well tuned stage 2 LGT should be able to keep up with a stocker. Do it all though, upgrade your IC, intake, go equal length headers, lightweight 17 in wheels, EBCS, take all the shit out of your trunk, and be able to drive the balls off of it. E85 would be great too.

Disclaimer: Results may vary.

I used to eat my buddies G35 all day long. Never went against the G37 but I think it'd be the same result. The extra 30 hp in the G37 also came with an extra 200 lbs. The power to weight ratios are nearly identical.

As for the 335, a strong, well tuned stage 2 LGT should be able to keep up with a stocker. Do it all though, upgrade your IC, intake, go equal length headers, lightweight 17 in wheels, EBCS, take all the shit out of your trunk, and be able to drive the balls off of it. E85 would be great too.

Disclaimer: Results may vary.

All of that plus hope that the 335i hasn't been tuned as well, because once that happens there is no replacement for displacement. :cool:

I pulled one with stickers all over it that was obviously modded and tuned. He was VERY interested to ask questions about my LGT. It was entertaining:

"Is that a 6 cyl?"

"Nope, four."

"Wow, what all have you done to it?"

"I dunno man, its a Subaru Legacy GT. Most of 'em come like this".

:lol:

(obviously a track day even as I dont streetrace)

Archived