LegacyGT.com

fuel filter

wow, how cheap can you get Subaru. First it's crappy banjo bolts that restrict oil flow and I had to have engine swapped out and now it's fuel filter. How many more surprises are there.

I think only thing I like about our LGT is style and AWD (which was reason we got it in first place)

If I knew how cheap they are built I'd probably buy CRV, etc.

well the banjo bolt filters are there for a reason..

and the sock is probably fine enough so it keeps out the shit that won't fit through the injectors.

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

Pearl, you're a troll. Everyone knows you hate your car and have absolutely no idea about anything automotive, seeing that you have ticking engine noise and think injector cleaner is going to resolve mechanical ticking.

The sock filter, if you've ever seen it...which I doubt.....is actually pretty large and does a fine job. I haven't heard of any issues with debris in the fuel, EVER. Just because there isn't a can-like fuel filter doesn't mean it's garbage. You just have no idea how any of this works, so you jump to the conclusion that because it's a different design that it's far inferior to a god damned CRV

The sock is a filter, that's why our cars don't have an in line. Frankly, you don't see many people posting about clogged injectors on this site...in fact I can't name one....and there are a lot of high mileage 05's on this site

if you want to clean your injectors so bad then send them to witchhunter and pay the $25 to have it done. If you have no fuel problems then don't bother.. However since you have no evidence of any fuel issues other than speculation of a fuel problem causing ticking (......) then spend your money and find something else to blame for your ticking. Its your money and your car, do what you think in your limited opinion is right. FWIW the sock can be replaced too if thats such a huge problem for you as well. Gotta hate it when the sock in the tank causes engine ticks... happens all the time......

Archived