LegacyGT.com

Best year 2.5i for traction

I m inclined to agree with naimouasta but can anyone provide definitive proof one way or another? Maybe a way of physically checking part no's or Vin's etc.

Cars101.com will show that all the NA legacys had an open diff in the rear with the exception of the 3.0R. Mid 2008 model year, they put VDC in the 2.5i models, but was still not a mechanical limited slip. They also went to a 90/10 split for power (front/rear). Prior to that it was 50/50 viscous coupling front/rear, but still did not have a limited slip. The only Legacy built from 2005-2009 that had the rear LSD was the 2.5GT, Spec B (torsion) and 3.0R.

That is a sweet 3.0R god I envy you for that rare find Dammit :lol: And LGT and a 3.0R youve got ~250 hp one way or the other :lol:

It was a very odd find indeed. I called immediately and put down a deposit until I could fly down two weeks later and pick it up. The dealership owner stopped to see me when I picked it up and told me he could have sold the car ten times after I called and put my deposit on it.

Oh, the 3.0 has ~250hp, but the LGT has ~325. Should have about 450 when I'm done with it. :)

Archived