LegacyGT.com

New 09' LGT - already major problems...

dan5jr

Well, for better or worse this car is mine for at least a while. It was my fault for not reading their BS return policy well enough, at the time I was already sold on the car and that was just a bonus - I really didn't have any intention of returning it. As it turns out, I can only use my money towards the purchase of another car: either new at MSRP (not a chance) or used at virtually whatever price they want. On top of that, they really don't have anything close to what I got that I might considering eating a few $K to upgrade too. Only option to get the money back would be to try to take em to court on lemon laws, but with no car and my money tied up with them, I really can't afford a legal battle (even though my uncle is a lawyer so representation would be free).

That being said, they replaced all four valves and seats in the first cylinder and compression tested the other three, all on the service report. I noticed that a rear quarter panel was missing a clip and came loose and that one headlight had moisture in it after I bought it. They said the headlight was on backorder but when they get it they would fix both of these issues for free. On top of that, they actually showed me the previous owner (def illegal) in their system and he honestly was a 78 year old man. May not have been the only one to drive it, but I'd rather see that than someone younger who is more likely to abuse it. I know Bill Kolb is definitely shady and probably wouldn't deal with them again in the future, but so far they've been doing everything I asked them and I haven't paid a dime yet.

All in all mixed emotions. I'm a little scared of how this car is going to hold out in the long run, but that being said it feels really nice being back in my GT after driving their loaner outback all week. Any recommendations on things to keep an eye on now after this service? I'll be changing oil every 3K and doing routine maintenance but I wonder if there is anything I could do (cheaply considering I have bumper to bumper) to make sure this car stays alive?

Well a rocky start but I love the ride so hopefully I get a little luck my way from here on out. Feels good to be on these boards as an actual LGT owner now :cool:

Hate to say it, but if I were you I'd try to get out of the car ASAP.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Hate to say it, but if I were you I'd try to get out of the car ASAP.

This. But if you do end up keeping it, I suggest taking it over to AZP Installs in Kenilworth and have them take a look at it.

Oh, and stay FAR AWAY from Lynne's Subaru in Bloomfield.

And welcome!

2006 SWP 3.0R 5EAT VDC BBQ

2008 OBP 2.5i 4EAT BBQ [RIP]

I think they should refund you for that extended warranty, given the state of the car. Good that you have it. Should save you from any costs at least.

You may want to have the 30k maintenance re-done, just because it sounds kinda questionable as to how it was maintained.

• 2 weeks later...

Man you are in the perfect scenario, so many people have this problem a few mile outside their warranty and the dealer WONT budge you need to RETURN the car they are going to try to keep you in it b/c they make a nice commission off the amount financed.

Even if it is fixed RETURN it, RETURN it,.... RETURN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;)

Welcome to the site and glad you could join us.

Would recommend taking your car to AZP (or another reputable Subaru shop) and have them do a complete leak-down on the engine and cooling system and full compression check to make sure 1) there are no issues and 2) Billy Bob Kolb's tech(s) did their job correctly. At least you'll have some peace of mind about the completion of the recent repairs and can also find out about any potential long-term issues from an unbiased third party, now, while the car is still under warranty.

Lot's of information on the site and Search is your friend. If you can't find something, locate the associated forum and post up your question(s), letting members know that you couldn't find it with your search criteria. Someone will get back to you.

And, just a reminder, our Site Member Classified (MC) sub-forum rules require all members to have a minimum of ten (10) non-FS-related (no buying, selling or WTB/WTT items) posts before posting in another member's FS thread, or posting up your own FS thread, otherwise these posts will be removed. Questions, please PM me or one of the other moderators.

Again, welcome to the site and hope everything works out with your new ride.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Archived