LegacyGT.com

Winter wheels painting, color ideas?

Oops sorry lulzcow. I was typing up the above post when you guys have already settled it lol. Now I feel like an ass, and by no means was I trying to degrade you as a human lol.

So....in closing: lulzcow paint your calipers whatever color you want, but if you go red you're a ricer. :p

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's all gravy. I was kind of a dick for a moment after a bunch of people called me a dern ricer over and over. After seeing the application though, I could more safely say those colors are a hideous choice. May go after "Gravel G7060 or Stealth G7070 from the same paint people.

And I only lolled at the poor grad student deal because I'm a poor undergraduate, and all the graduate students I knew had it made a lot better than myself due to stipends, job with the school, etc.

• I Donated

I think bronze wheels may be a better option for you

http://www.vividracing.com/forums/gallery/files/5/5/4/3/gt3bronzevolks1.jpg

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

• I Donated

Rice = bad ideas...then the application of the bad ideas....and then not accepting it was a bad idea

Now that you have seen the application, do you understand why it was said to be rice and why I said it screams "I'm a douche bag"

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

• I Donated
So...in summary: do you like getting handjobs? (yes) you like giving handjobs? (no). Well then you're a damn hipocriticizer too. ;)

Somebody watches too much Harold and Kumar lmao

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

• I Donated

We are just looking at color contrast here.

How the bronze color looks on a white car...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/katana2k3/hdr2/IMG_0016_7_8.jpg

http://www.elementauto.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/raulmustang.jpg

http://www.3si.org/forum/attachments/f119/65068d1175451517-different-whites-white-bronze-wheels.jpg

http://www.autuning.com/gallery/r32-bronze-wheels.png

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

You guys are crackin me up!

Go ahead and paint them pink if you want man, its your ride. Me personally, I would never rock pink wheels... the pink on an STi is even too much pink for this guy.

If it were my car, I would do white or black. Maybe gold or bronze. nothing outlandish or you might just as well toss on a fart can and APC stickers...

Yeah the gunmetal looks really good with your red Outback, I'm hoping it will look good on my white plain L wagon as well. Hopefully when Summer next year arrives, I can afford to get a brand new set of wheels, no painting necessary. But the winters will go gunmetal.

I ended up with graphite, instead of gunmetal. It was the best I could find locally. I started my day driving about 20 miles into the city to visit the art store I knew sold the well manufactured spray for my wheels, only to find out they had closed shop. Searched town for another distributor, and nothing. Oh well, got black caliper paint and some Subaru factory white touch-up body paint as well, might as well fix what I can once in the painting mood.

• I Donated

I'm glad to hear that you decided not to go with a loud, obnoxious, ricerish color for your wheels!

When I paint wheels, I find that several THIN coats work best....waiting about 10 minutes between each coat. Then after your last coat, wait about 5 - 10 minutes and put on your first thin layer of clear coat....followed by 2 - 3 more layers of clear coat about 10 minutes apart. Let the wheels dry overnight afterwards.

Doing it this way will give them a good shine, just like a freshly polished / waxed car would have

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

• I Donated
Cheap mods are all good even if you're in school. He isn't going crazy with swaps or anything like that....just a little paint here and there. Nothing wrong with that, as long as the end result isn't ricer looking lol

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

Archived