LegacyGT.com

Winter wheels painting, color ideas?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm all for being diff. But come on.. first off. your painting stockers so it'll be diff no matter what color you put on it not many people paint or even keep stock rims. I thought about throwing some of the subie gold On the back of my rims so you could kind of see it when you look at em. Thought it might be cool. but didn't have the money to try it

Maybe a fluorescent orange it is then.

They are WINTER wheels, so it's something fun, not something to show off in.

My car is dented, scratched, has rust spots covered with electrical tape already.

It's hard being a poor college student who loves cars.

(If it was a BMW, or an Audi....I'd keep it classy. But it's not)

Horrible excuse. You are embarrassing me homie.

I am a very poor college student currently putting myself through a Masters program and I too wanted to CLEAN up my car. However, regardless, there is a RIGHT way and a WRONG way to do things. There are classy upgrades, and then there are....basically what you're trying to do.

That's why I went the poor college student route (i.e. Rotas, wrx brake upgrade, sways, bushings, endlinks). All I care about is handling/brakes. I can't afford anything regarding aesthetics, so I don't do any body work on car. Simple.

I really don't understand your logic that just because your car is all dinged up already that makes it okay to just completely ruin the car. You going for matching neon lights under the car too? :spin:

poor graduate student lulz.

neon, no. not a fan. i just wanted wheels that were a very different color.

i guess some of yall think if its something you dont like, its wrong. id say doing suspension, brakes, engine swaps...particularly turbo ones....getting sponsrships, doing jdm upgrades all on a street car that maybe sees a track a few times a year are all ricer as well. but, i opted not to jump on the hatin bandwagon. but, to each there own. its just annoying being called a ricer by a bunch of cirlejerking hypocritical ricers

and thats the best looking year for subarus i think... SO take care of the dang car geez!! you sound like my friend who has no respect for cars. unless its like a brand new car or classic. ITs a sweet car. treat it right. And i guess, we kinda are ricers. but we dont do Body kits and stuff so its not as bad. lol. but for really even ricers willl poke fun at you for painting your wheels blue.

and if you think having an odd colored set of wheels ruins a car, your opinion means absolutely nothing to me when it comes to cars. i bought this car barely running and have got it running like a champ with help mostly from here. i asked about peoples color opinions because i thought there would be some variety other than matte, gloss, or chrome black

• I Donated

You wanted opinions, so everyone is giving you opinions.

Painting your wheels obnoxious colors just screams "I'm a douche bag and I want everyone to stare at me because I think I'm cool!"

What you want to do to your wheels is just going to be ugly.

If you don't like the opinions people give you and want to bitch about them, then gtfo and go ask about tasteless mods here

And to ease your curiosity, my sedan sees SEVERAL track days a year. My OB sees trails several times a week.

Want to know what would be different but look good on your car?

White rims / red brakes

Black rims / red brakes

black rims / white brakes

white rims / white brakes

white rims / red brakes / red lip

white spokes with black inserts

alloy rims

Your car would look REALLY nice if you had dark tinted windows, tinted lights, and gloss black wheels....and red brakes

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

OK i understand wanting diff. But blue?? or pink?? come on man come up with something better then that.. lol. .... bronze ??? it can look pretty sweet. Uh.... white??? lol. idk. just blue and pink are crazy. wouldn't even go with the car. :/

ive decided orange lol. i just wanted something very high contrast between snow and the white of the body of my car. and ive officially made myself a lulzcow. opinions were fine, i just dont enjoy being belittled as a person due to my own personal taste in wheel color.

• I Donated

See, the colors you want are simply ugly.

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m90/topnotchtsi/Photoshop/StephanSupraBlueWheels.jpg

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d49/iriezak/IMG_0058.jpg

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/6540/200702180245lb8.jpg

http://www.lancerregister.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=116684&stc=1&d=1221838251

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

• I Donated
since you mention it brokin, can you paint the stock calipers. id like to have nice looking ones, but cannot afford new ones until the new year at the soonest.

Yes you can. Go to Autozone and buy brake caliper paint or high temp spray paint in whatever color you want to do. make sure you clean your brakes REALLY good before you start to paint though. I find that you get a better paint job if you take the calipers off the car to do them.

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

ya know, that was a very well received post there. in contrast with those cars white paint.....i see what you did thar, btw.........it does look pretty shitty. wish ida seen those all towards the beginning of this thread. but i still dont want something so vanilla, neither. will def have to do the calipers black to match decently with whatever color the wheels end up. gracias.

poor graduate student lulz.

neon, no. not a fan. i just wanted wheels that were a very different color.

i guess some of yall think if its something you dont like, its wrong. id say doing suspension, brakes, engine swaps...particularly turbo ones....getting sponsrships, doing jdm upgrades all on a street car that maybe sees a track a few times a year are all ricer as well. but, i opted not to jump on the hatin bandwagon. but, to each there own. its just annoying being called a ricer by a bunch of cirlejerking hypocritical ricers

What, you don't believe me? You think I like telling people I'm poor? I am a poor graduate student. I get a lot of help from financial aid (basically welfare for students), and work my ass off. Basically, school and work have me prisoner, I have zero free time, but I don't take my frustrations out on my car.

Sorry bro, didn't mean to hate on you, but a ricer would put on body kits even as his car is about to break down, mechanically. YOU sound like you were on the right track, saving up to fix the car first so that it runs well before working on aesthetics. So...why would you pick such a hideous, loud color for rims?

Look, you're right. You are free to do whatever you want to YOUR car. It's your car afterall. However...I don't think we can begin DISCUSSING color options for your rims if we don't even see eye-to-eye on what a 'ricer' is. That much is obvious.

So...in summary: do you like getting handjobs? (yes) you like giving handjobs? (no). Well then you're a damn hipocriticizer too. ;)

Archived