LegacyGT.com

High Rev Stuck 2008 Leg 2.5i

HMMM..

My suby isn't doing this but back when I had a 99 Acura TL, my transmission over time would delay in shifting. It didn't do it at a certain RPM, but did it especially when cold. My transmission ended up blowing (but this is the TL model that had a transmission on recall, and lucky me I bought a used TL that was never brought in for replacement).

I hope your legacy isn't having the same issue my TL had.

Sometimes my legacy feels harder when it shifts at times, though.

BTW I'm talking AUTOMATIC transmissions....

If it concerns you I'd get it checked out...

appreciate the comments, i brought it out for some spirited driving today and i'm slowly adjusting, and you right naimouasta, its not 2 seconds, but its a noticeable lag.

on a more upsetting note...

I learned the hard way to not even attempt take a wrx off the line -_-

it was embarrassing

The car is designed for easier driving, so they designed a rev holder so make shifts smooths by keep the engine and gearbox near the same speed so once you get off the throttle it hangs the RPMs there. Not a bad thing you can get it tuned out if it bothers you that much.

^ i like your answer

but i was driving on an onramp tonight, of course hard, clutch in above 4000, waited for the drop, and the just took off up to redline until i let the clutch out in neutral to stop it... (yes my foot was off the gas)

still same issue? will a ecu reflash take care of this?

another interesting question, why is max HP, right before redline, feels like poor engineering to me... if i want to get all 170 horses i feel like i would blow the top, is it advisable to attempt to get all horses at 6000 rpm should you stay away from that area? can the engine really handle that "well"?

its a four cylinder (especially being non-turbo), of course it has to rev to move. it has decent power though for daily driving. i don't see why you would have to redline stoplight to stoplight. redlining probably won't hurt it unless you are doing it all day. just do proper maintenance and it should be fine.

Archived