but it was still fun, less smoke :(

friend of mine told me that popo came to the church parking lot 5 min

after i left. i guess my exhaust is too loud lol

anyways i'm gonna get some kumhos or hankooks for my next set

can't wait till more AWD burn out

Perrin BIG maf intake

Perrin Turbo Inlet

HKS SSQV BOV

Megan Racing header with UP (ceramic coated)

HKS DP (WRX)

DMH E-cutout

Custom 3" catback

UTEC

Guest *Jedimaster*
Don't come crying when you break something.

Yeah, leave that to the guys who crack differentials on tracks :lol:

the shock from the all wheel drive is going to put a lot of stress on the tranny... you're lucky you have an open diff up front, if you had a limited, say bye bye to your tranny parts when you launch it like that.

Keefe

Keefe

it could, you can have really sticky tires that are excellent in the rain, and it can really give a shock to the tranny. Just be happy that there is a reason why the Evo and Most Subarus have the front to have an open diff. You'll all be crying about how the tranny sucks, etc etc cuz of a weak tranny.

To answer your question: drifting in the rain isnt as bad as just a super crazy launch to light all 4s from a standstill. At least in a drift, the car is already in motion.

Keefe

Keefe

Drifting and AWD burnouts are two different things. Drifting is overcoming tire adhesion essentially. It's that initial shock on the drivetrain from the launch, not some tires slipping in a lateral direction that kills.

I drift daily, but not once have I thought about an AWD burnout in my car. Maybe a Skyline GTR where you can go full rear lock (oh, wait, that isn't AWD then. :lol: )

Moral of story, if you want to keep your car healthy, don't even think about AWD burnouts or you will be paying for it in no time (no warranty claim shall go through.) Break car doing stupid stuff and look for a warranty to fix it, you make all of us pay through dealerships being increasingly more willing to not work on cars, deny claims more easily, and we all pay in the pocketbook down the road on future new ones.

As you can see, I don't take lightly to ideas and actions like this...

i had soo much fun in church parking lot today

after the service, i was talking to my friends for long time

and didn't realize a lot of people/cars left

empty parking lot + showering outside = AWD burn out

i would of done it if it was dry outside

but it was still fun, less smoke :(

friend of mine told me that popo came to the church parking lot 5 min

after i left. i guess my exhaust is too loud lol

anyways i'm gonna get some kumhos or hankooks for my next set

can't wait till more AWD burn out

Say bye bye to your factory warranty as well. Try explaining tranny problems to your dealer after a burn out that destroys it!! Your car stickers for 30K and you treat your car like that! :rolleyes: Wish I had money like that to just waste!

Just another reason I don't by used cars!!

-S

How can you do that to your Leggy?!!?! Shame, shame..:(

no, literally, HOW can you do that? Maybe in the snow, or on another really slick surface... but other than that, i can't breaking traction at all tires... (not including drifting

no, literally, HOW can you do that? Maybe in the snow, or on another really slick surface... but other than that, i can't breaking traction at all tires... (not including drifting

1. Steering at right/left full lock

2. Rev to 6k rpm

3. Dump clutch

4. .........

5. SoA Profits

I keed I keeed

You say no warrenty coverage. Why? I know the burnout but how and why could they deny coverage?

Since the Subaru dealers have a lot of experience with blown manual trannies, if you come in with a problem in the tranny, they will know after disassembly whether the tranny was abused or not and then will deny coverage.

I keed I keeed

Guest *Jedimaster*

5. SoA Profits

:lol: That cracked me up :lol:

I had the 4 tires lit a couple of times, but I wouldn't make it a common practice and I definitely wouldn't do it after the car accumulates some mileage/ mods.

Not to mention if you get caught, you might get nailed for 1) exhibition of speed 2) reckless driving

Yeah, even in a parking lot...I got nailed being stupid in my mother's corolla...not even "burning out", I just turned quick and squealed the wheels...too bad there was a cop listening...the guy didn't even see me do it...

They will lie also, and ticket you for doing 40 mph, when in reality, I would've flipped the car even trying that at over 25 mph...

So, be careful...they are always there somewhere, and they don't even have to see you to nail you, they'll lie about whether they ever even saw you...

Not to mention if you get caught, you might get nailed for 1) exhibition of speed 2) reckless driving

Yeah, even in a parking lot...I got nailed being stupid in my mother's corolla...not even "burning out", I just turned quick and squealed the wheels...too bad there was a cop listening...the guy didn't even see me do it...

They will lie also, and ticket you for doing 40 mph, when in reality, I would've flipped the car even trying that at over 25 mph...

So, be careful...they are always there somewhere, and they don't even have to see you to nail you, they'll lie about whether they ever even saw you...

hmmmm, thats strange cuz i know in japan parking lots are not considered public roads so rules do not apply. cops cannot nab you for anything on parking lots, however i must add that spacious parking lots are as much of a rarity as B4RSK in the States...

This is true, if your church pastor doesn't object since it's private property, you can do whatever you want. But most of the time, the owner of the lot has not consented to that and has a "Private Property, No Trespassing" sign that gives the cop a right to ticket you.
I keed I keeed

even if theres no sign and it's mall parking lot. Many people think malls, stores, etc are public area when in fact they are not. it's private property and you can get nailed for all sorts of things.

to the guy who asked about lightly launching in the snow, you should be fine. My friends and I do it all the time in snow storms. Just don't dump the clutch, it's never neccessary to dump the clutch in the snow, slip it quick and plant your right foot, you'll spin em. :D

Driver neglect and abuse is not covered under warranty.

Keefe

So if you go to the drag strip and do the same thing no coverage. This guy is catching hell but the guys who go to the track dont seem to get scolded.:confused:

So if you go to the drag strip and do the same thing no coverage. This guy is catching hell but the guys who go to the track dont seem to get scolded.:confused:

Don't forget that any abuse that is covered for some strange reason, effects every current and future Subbie owner. They have to cover expenses some how. The more abuse claims that are approved, the more it effects Subaru's financial bottom line. Subaru isn't in the market to make/fix cars for free. The money has to come from somewhere. Increase car prices/parts, etc.

The same goes for the guys/gals at the track, but I don't see the people from the track coming on here bragging about burnouts! :rolleyes:

Archived