LegacyGT.com

AWD burn out - good way to waste RE-92

So if you go to the drag strip and do the same thing no coverage. This guy is catching hell but tthe guys who go o the track dont seem to get scolded.:confused:

The warranty doesnt cover abuse. Of course you can go to a drag strip and run your car, but there is a correct way to drive a car, not just beat on it. It is afterall, a BIG difference between a really poor driver from wear and tear, and a VERY PATHETIC driver that is trying to con his way of getting a new tranny cuz he beat the crap out of his tranny.

There is a difference between a rounded off tooth vs the ones that break clean off. It's not hard for a REAL Technician to find that out.

I goto a road course pretty often and I run my car hard, but it's really how you drive the car to make it last long. Standstill starts are probably one of the worst shocks to the drivetrain, especially dry, sticky tires, warm weather, and a helluva clutch grab.

Keefe

Keefe

damn i didnt think this thread would get this big

thanks for the kind step by step how to do AWD burn out

i guess mine wasn't AWD burn out after reading that, it was drift / donut

i was in 1st gear going 15~20mph and i just turned really hard as i was

puttin pedal to the metal

Perrin BIG maf intake

Perrin Turbo Inlet

HKS SSQV BOV

Megan Racing header with UP (ceramic coated)

HKS DP (WRX)

DMH E-cutout

Custom 3" catback

UTEC

So Subaru markets the new Legacy as faster than an Audi TT, Porsche Boxster, etc. Then claims, in various magazine ads, that it will do 0-60 in 5.8 seconds. I dont think that one could possibly achieve those numbers with launching hard. If Subaru markets their products this way, they should be willing to accept the consequences. There are plenty of all wheel drive cars (DSM's, Audis, etc.) that get their asses beat on a daily basis by their drivers without tranny failure. Subaru is notorious for their weak transmissions... they should start equipping their cars with stronger ones or quit showing me ads of its"performance" capabilities.:rolleyes:

STi is the only one that comes with bulletproof transmission

No tranny is "bulletproof". Sure it'll take more abuse, but there's a threshold for the ammount of punishment any tranny will take.

So Subaru markets the new Legacy as faster than an Audi TT, Porsche Boxster, etc. Then claims, in various magazine ads, that it will do 0-60 in 5.8 seconds. I dont think that one could possibly achieve those numbers with launching hard. If Subaru markets their products this way, they should be willing to accept the consequences. There are plenty of all wheel drive cars (DSM's, Audis, etc.) that get their asses beat on a daily basis by their drivers without tranny failure. Subaru is notorious for their weak transmissions... they should start equipping their cars with stronger ones or quit showing me ads of its"performance" capabilities.:rolleyes:

I think any AWD car can be prone to driveline failure and I've known of several instances in DSMs old and modern, Audi's, and at the same time plenty of Subaru's that have had plenty of launches on them and still holding up strong. It's really all down to the drivers. I think one reason Audi's are less prone to failure is just look at the demographic. Generally a bit older, a bit more mature.

Archived