LegacyGT.com

Video! Xenonk is back from the track!

Xenonk

My insurance company specifically denies coverage for incidents on a track. In fact, someone I know had their coverage CANCELLED when they found out he had taken a driver improvement class on a track using his own car. He called to inquire about it and that was enough to cancel him. I have the best insurance company out there, so am careful to learn from his lesson.

Are you referring to the Speed World Challenge? If so, do you mean NSXs? (TSXs are in the Touring Car classification, we're in GT)

I know NASA has USTCC which the STi competes in, so the GT is just right in there as well.. as for the SWC, I dont know if the GT can do Touring car classification due to the specs and rules since I am not too familar with them.

Keefe

Keefe

My insurance company specifically denies coverage for incidents on a track. In fact, someone I know had their coverage CANCELLED when they found out he had taken a driver improvement class on a track using his own car. He called to inquire about it and that was enough to cancel him. I have the best insurance company out there, so am careful to learn from his lesson.

it can't be the best if they dont let you get on the track ;)

You might want to call them about track insurance then, I am very sure they will offer it if they are best as you say they are.

Keefe

Keefe

You might want to call them about track insurance then, I am very sure they will offer it if they are best as you say they are.

That's exactly what the guy did who got cancelled. Best insurance company for the masses does not equal best for those 1% of us who might want to track the car. I got my motorcycle insurance through a different carrier for the same reasons. I don't want to jeopardize cheap costs, top-notch coverage and service.

yea, for some reason I dunno why my video programs are acting funny, it's just compressing the audio at a higher rate, but when I play back the raw files (AVI) on WMP, it's fine. I might have used a different extraction format so I think that's what borked it.

I am trying to look into seeing if it's just Adobe Premiere's settings have changed.. I cant figure it out why the audio is sped up. However I do have another program that I already fixed the audio issue with. The only problem now is trying to find a place to host these 15 mb files (6 of them, so it's close to 90 mb).

Keefe

Keefe

That's exactly what the guy did who got cancelled. Best insurance company for the masses does not equal best for those 1% of us who might want to track the car. I got my motorcycle insurance through a different carrier for the same reasons. I don't want to jeopardize cheap costs, top-notch coverage and service.

call up another company then... I do know that there are track insurance policies you can buy.

Keefe

Keefe

Xenonk, you just have handling bits right now, correct? If so, man this car with a nice handling package like you have and stage two could be quite the track monster....

Dont forget, the years of experience that Keefe has is prolly more important than the mods hes done.

R-comps and about 4 years on the track (about 5~6 track events) added up very nicely to the log book. I have a few friends that do about 12 to 20 events a year and all they run are better brake pads, tires, all on stock suspension to learn the car and now they just drive way better than me by far just after matching the kind of setup that I am running with my car. Learning on a fairly stock car and no-power adders will make you not only a faster driver, but a smoother one at that.

Keefe

Keefe

Videos worked fine for me.. Jelous party of one here..

+1 for keep the techno off next time and let us hear the car..

One question, how did you have your cam mounted?

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

Videos worked fine for me.. Jelous party of one here..

+1 for keep the techno off next time and let us hear the car..

One question, how did you have your cam mounted?

Actually, the car is stock with a Blitz LM air filter panel.. so really, you can't hear ANYTHING at all. The best videos without ANY music are the ones I just recently posted up for the autox that I ran on Sunday.

The camera is mounted like you see here:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/xenonk2828/GT-Car/camera.jpg

on a 3-cup suction cup base of which I stuck onto the interior side of the windshield.

http://www.cone-cam.com is the equipment I run. I record everything onto a Canon ZR100 Mini DV camcorder that can take in an Analog digital signal and record it onto a mini-DV tape.. I think overall, you can spend about $600 to $700 for that kind of setup. $300 for the camcorder and $350ish for the cone-cam stuff with the powered mic and mount included.

I installed the mic just at the passenger side of the console and just tucked the wiring under the center console. The mic is very tiny and it can pick up EVERY sound. I can even talk from the driver seat with a helmet on and the windows down and the mic pics it up just fine. Not bad for a $21 powered mic for video use.

Keefe

Keefe

Archived