LegacyGT.com

Timing belt replaced. Car now feels slower.

Had my timing belt replaced about a month ago. Car felt fine until maybe about a week or two ago. It now feels much slower than before and kind of pulsates when going up hills. It almost feels like the timing is off but I'm no expert.

Would a new timing belt affect the tune at all? Anything that I could check for on my AP that could indicate what is going on?

FWIW, I have a 05 GT 4EAT and it's at Stage 2 (UP, DP, Infomous e-tune).

Had my timing belt replaced about a month ago. Car felt fine until maybe about a week or two ago. It now feels much slower than before and kind of pulsates when going up hills. It almost feels like the timing is off but I'm no expert.

Would a new timing belt affect the tune at all? Anything that I could check for on my AP that could indicate what is going on?

FWIW, I have a 05 GT 4EAT and it's at Stage 2 (UP, DP, Infomous e-tune).

If your timing was off it wouldnt take a month to manifest itself. This doesnt sound like timing issue at all it sounds like an ignition system problem, how are your plugs, O2 sensors, fueling ???

When did you last maintenance these aspects of the systems ?

Wait.....they make GT's with 4eat??I sense something amiss.

his signature says 5 eat i think its a typo

as for power loss ..

well intake cams are checked that they are in the correct place. the exhaust cams could be off by a tooth. but it would run pretty shitty. and right away.

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

Sorry, I meant 5EAT. My Saabaru had a 4EAT.

Had my 90,000 mile service done at 89,000 miles. The car now has 105,000.

I've filled up three times since this problem came to light so I don’t think its gas related.

I've disconnected the battery as well to see if that would clear anything and that did not seem to help.

Also, my tranny seems to be off as far as shifting as well. The shifting points have changed a bit and it wants to down shift a lot more than normal. It was doing this before the battery disconnect as well. Don’t know if this could be part of the problem or just a coincidence.

sounds like a boost leak or vacuum leak.

also just pull the maf out and clean it brake cleaner.

but sounds like the intercooler or somthing around there is leaking..

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

Archived