LegacyGT.com

Frankster, Porsche 997 3.6.

I hope so, because I would like to make this fit. I can't see it being that much of a stretch given that porsche supposedly helped develop the 3.0 for subie(or so I understand). So I can't see the actual size of the engine being all that different from the 3.0 from subaru, if that is true. I know I would be investing more than twice the car into just the engine, but it would be a fun project, without killing the COG, or so I would assume.

lol well i can measure the 3.8 h6 i have in the barn. if it fits in between the frame rails.

the turbos would have to be moved up or over into where the fog lights go.

if you pay me i'll make it work !

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

I may need to commission you for some help, but I want to do the actual project myself. Just for the shear fact of being able to say I did it. Could we move the turbos back, or go with a single turbo setup near the current location of the stock turbo, maybe just closer to the firewall?

I hope so, because I would like to make this fit. I can't see it being that much of a stretch given that porsche supposedly helped develop the 3.0 for subie(or so I understand). So I can't see the actual size of the engine being all that different from the 3.0 from subaru, if that is true. I know I would be investing more than twice the car into just the engine, but it would be a fun project, without killing the COG, or so I would assume.

well the center of gravity thing is kind of so so ..

because the crank shaft is what ?3-4" higher than a normal car,or evo ..

but what ever you want it i'll make it happen :p

I may need to commission you for some help, but I want to do the actual project myself. Just for the shear fact of being able to say I did it. Could we move the turbos back, or go with a single turbo setup near the current location of the stock turbo, maybe just closer to the firewall?

i dunno put the engine in and see how it looks. could have a H flow front intercooler where each turbo outlets push diffrent ways through a dubble intercooler. ( like the one on some twin turbo supras)

room will also have to be made for the oil tank(s) i think it holds like 12 - 14 L of oil.

were putting a megasquirt on the 3.8 rs 911 of my bosses thats in montreal.

it will have the 12 coil on plug set up ( it has the 2 spark plugs per cylinder)

and i think the 997 has the variable intake runner thing too.

NO doubt that engine is sweet buy that is a lot of money for an engine and given the H6s lying around and your mechanical savvy you could build a 700 hp EZ30R or EZ36R for WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY Cheaper.

I get the fun WOW factor however and if you have the $20K to blow then go for it

Nothing is definite right now. I still have a year left before I should be able to afford it. But if I did it, it wouldn't be just to get to 700hp, it would be for the wow factor like Frank.

yea well i didn't do it for the wow factor. i did it cuz its cheap reliable engine.

you would be doing it for the wow factor, ( maybe small penis compensation lol )

Archived