LegacyGT.com

exhaust advice

i'm running stage 2 on my wagon right now, catless up/dp with stock y and mid leading to x02 axleback exhausts. Sounds perfect in my opinion, nice rumble when up in the rpm's, and it doesn't drone on the interstate. Get compliments on it every other day. Thing is it does take a bit of modification. I would seriously consider axleback exhausts, thats' what I did, and it sounds perfect (think it would have been too loud with catback), just my two cents

I'm running the Invidia Q300 v3. It bolted right up with no fitment problems. Has a deep throaty sound no droning what-so-ever and its very quiet unless you get on the gas. just be sure to replace the doughnut gasket at the the end of the down pipe. If you try to reuse your old one it will most certainly leak. I would get on youtube and do a search for any of the CBE's you are interested in so you can see it on the car and hear how it sounds. It would be like the real thing coming out of computer speakers but it'll give you an idea. Good luck!

2012 Xterra Pro-4X

2003 Outback Sedan Limited

D.U.S.T.O.F.F.

"Dedicated Unhesitating Service To Our Fighting Forces"

CAI? Check.

BOV? Check.

Catback? Check.

Seems that you only want the car to sound meaner, without any real gains, no?

Personally, I wouldn't waste money on a tune if you're only doing mods to make the car sound faster. None of those provide any significant power gains. But if you're insistent on a CAI, you should tune for that.

Try removing your intake resonator for starter. Deep sound under acceleration and you can hear your stock BPV better.

I ran a 3" mid, 2.5" Y and stock cans with my AVO catted DP. It seemed slightly faster and added a little sound. The only cans I like are Prodrive because they look and sound great. Not too loud and no huge tips. They are a bit much so I stayed with stock cans.

Archived