LegacyGT.com

Center Diff about to grenade. $2600 to replace from dealer. Other Options?

KGracey

So my Center diff has been making a good amount of noise. I took it into the dealer and it's on the verge of killing itself.

I was quoted $2600 to take the transmission apart and replace the differential. Which is huge amount of money to spend on a car I'm going to be selling in 2-3 weeks.

I'm looking for other options to replace the center diff. Is this job do-able with standard tools and an air-tools kit? Where can I source a center diff from? I don't see any on the OEM parts websites.

I have some experience wrenching. I swapped the motor in my old RS, but haven't done anything transmission-wise before.

too much. the trans does not even need to be taken out of the car to access the center diff. the rear section or transfer case can be pulled and the center diff can be R+R'ed easily.

the center diff can be gotten for $483 and another $40 for bearings. i dont think labor should be anything over $1000

i t should be doable yourself

see here - http://opposedforces.com/parts/legacy/us_b13/type_7/manual_transmission/mt_transfer_and_extension/

Archived