LegacyGT.com

Pictures of your car.

We've had a few picture threads, but they've all died. Considering we have a lot of new members and some of the old members have left I think it's time for a new one of these. Maybe with a bit more info.

My name is Ty.

City: Lakeland, Florida

How long I've had my Legacy: 2 years last month.

Job: I design roof trusses for a living.

"Mod" list:

(old) Drilled front rotors for off-roading

05 WRX rims

Added 2 cigarette lighter ports

Swapped engine with one in better shape

Swapped out front struts with better ones

Fog lights (more on there now, but they're getting upgraded to Hella's as soon as I can make a bracket for them)

Custom less-restrictive exhaust

Upgraded old 98RS seats to 99RS seats in better shape.

Cheesy pioneer stereo with pioneer speakers. Most are blown due to offroading

Added fender turn signals from newer Legacy's

Universal Rally Armor mud flaps on the rear

It's by no means an extensive list, but just a few of things I've done that I can remember.

Mods to come:

This weekend I'm installing 2-pot WRX calipers/rotors.

Hoping to find a used Whiteline rear sway bar for the 90-91 as an upgrade.

New struts when I get the money.

I'll think of more eventually.

This is a somewhat more recent picture of my Legacy wagon.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v195/TetsuoShima/IMG_0034.jpg

Good morning, LW

City: Northern BC, Canada

Age: Old enough to remind LW to always wear his seatbelt. :lol:

How long I've had my Legacy: 18 months

Job: Mostly self-employed, but also Creative Director for an Executive Matchmaking service

Mod list? Uh no.. I'm just trying to keep the Beast on the road, at this point. But, am learning a lot of new things. Claim to fame - installing my own relay and fixing blower motor fan. Learned about fuses, oil changes and all the basics that were very new to me.

I don't have any photos of my car (for good reason.. lol) but maybe I'll add one later on.. if I can find its "best side". It doesn't really have one.

Wow, all that time of owning your Legacy and you have no pictures? haha

Interesting job?

Heck yeah! One step at a time :D All of my "mods" are cheapies.

Lame. I'm sure no one minds if your car is beat up or rusty as most 20 year old cars tend to be :p

Yep, eBay is very interesting. Have been selling almost full time for ten years now.. started when I was ten.. lol (j/k) Have met some wonderful people in a lot of different countries.. and some not-so-wonderful people, too. I will never get used to the prevalence of a sense of entitlement that some Buyers have.. it's beyond reasonable for any thinking person. Expecting an item to arrive in two days,from Canada to the USA, but they only want to pay for the least expensive shipping option? lol.. Too funny. I wish Google included directions to Reality.

The other job is relatively new but is creative and challenging. My boss and I really have differing views on what a "professional" is.. For me, it's someone who succeeds in their chosen career/field, and ideally has a passion for what they do.. doesn't have to be a doctor, lawyer, executive etc.. all the traditional jobs that might come to mind. What about an experienced trades person, or artist? Maybe a Subaru mechanic? :)

I know, I know, you need pictures. Why do men always want a picture? Lol.. I went on a blind date the other night.. did I ask for a picture? Hmm?

Had Legacy: Almost 2 years (finally legal now!)

Job: Network Admin

Mods: Cell phone antenna (converted to wifi)

This Legacy used to belong to my mom, who used it for several years as a rural mail carrier. The transmission was replaced at 70k miles and it has 120k on the engine now. After she switched to an Outback, the Legacy sat in a barn for about 5 years until I talked them into letting me have it. It took almost 2 years to get the title for it in order, but it's finally done as of last week.

Repairs Done: Knock sensor replaced, fuel lines replaced, replaced front right parking lamp, normal fluid maintenance

Repairs Needed: Rear wiper motor, was going to be done today but I got shipped the wrong part :(

Before:

http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/9768/dsc01148x.jpg

After:

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/9352/20110816180724466.jpg

Lib: Men are visual creatures haha And yeah...people on ebay can be annoying, but it's business at least ;)

NP: Dang, man. That thing looks awesome now. And it looks like it's in good shape. And the engine and trans are so it appears that you're gonna have a nice running car for a long time now :D And I LOVE wagons. I'd like to get another.

had legacy since feb of this year

job: lube tech for toyota

repairs that i have done -

clutch and flywheel.

knock sensor

driver's side half shaft

timing belt and waterpump thermostat

drive belts

alt.

plugs and wires

valve cover gaskets

brakes all around

repairs that need to be done

struts all around

iac

possible sincros in the trans

moonroof reseal damn thing keeps leakin.

mods

magnaflow maniflow to straight pipe to magnaflow muffler (all 2 1/4 i think?) and the sexiest tone :)

bypassed the coolant at the trottlebody

mods to come

bigger rims (want 16")

roll bar

struts

and that's all i can think off now

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll307/enzodaracer/Photo0045.jpg

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll307/enzodaracer/Photo0080.jpg

Hey, cool deal, man! I'm glad there's so many wagons haha

Is that spoiler from the Outback?

I had a friend that his moonroof would leak constantly. I suggest silicone if you're not planning to use it again.

Also, WRX rims are 16" and they're cheap ;)

Got any sound clips of your exhaust?

I don't know. how you see her is how I got her. and i use my moonroof a lot, so i am going to look into how to fix it. that's cool i just found a junkyard that has subys in it finally. and no sound clips yet. i've been meaning to make a video in response to my friend's back when he had his straight piped from the manifold. so i will let you know as soon as i make one. i been so busy lately cuz I been fixing up my ole lady's and mine 80 vette. that thing frickin' hates me, and I don't know why.

The moonroof can be fixed, I'm sure. It's probably drain rails or something in there that's clogging up.

Dang. No back pressure could screw up the valves I've heard.

Cause it's a Vette haha They're awesome when they run and evil when they dont.

well I've posted my car before lol but here it goes again.

my names Cody

City: Oregon City, OR

How long I've had my Legacy: since Oct. last year

Job: CNC machinist.

the car has 259,000 it has the td04 turbo xt top mount and 3inch. down pipe wrx coilovers, breaks and rims, and whiteline rear sway bar.

heres a pic of the car the corner lights aren't smoked anymore didnt like it to much

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=176724645717286&set=a.176724635717287.53334.100001392550361&type=1&theater

Archived