LegacyGT.com

Thinking about VW R - any happy VW stories out there?

VW Touareg TDI 4Motion, and soon the Audi Q5 quattro TDI.

VW should bring over the Tiguan TDI 4Motion.

BMW has the X5 xDrive35d.

MB has the ML350 CDI 4Matic and GL350 CDI 4Matic.

I have enough drama for now.....

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
^

I hear you on not wanting to give up your LGT wagon. I was also bouncing around the idea of getting a Golf R, but I'm leaning more towards getting a Jetta Sportwagen TDI 6MT and keeping my LGT wagon as a snow car.

I'd like to do the same. also looking at a TDI sportwagon 6MT as my next car.

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Diesel VW's with winter tires are nearly unstoppable in the snow.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

The R does seem smoother and less peaky between 3k and 6.5k and rowing through the gears is a much more enjoyable - shorter throws and more precise.

Really? When I test-drove the R I was somewhat annoyed by the length of the throws compared to my OEM 6mt SS shifter.

I have a truly good VW story. I've owned 2 in my life. first car was an 87 VW Jetta, had 130K miles on it, got it from someone else who I cannot say took great care of it. Only issue was oil leaks which were minimal.

Last one was purchased brand new, 2001 VW Wolfsburg edition, 170K miles, just got rid of it before the Legacy. I took good care of it, all synthetic oils, well maintained. Biggest issue was the wheels (Wolfsburg had 16" BBS 2 piece wheels), they rotted had to be redone, cost me about 500 to fix them, should have just replaced them with aftermarket wheels. All in all, the car ran great, sold for a good price and continues to run well. I loved the car, but my wife really likes he Subaru's as do I so I made the switch which I am happy with it.

I just got quoted 600 dollars under dealer invoice for a 2012 VW Jetta Sportwagen TDI w/dsg. Car includes the protection kit and first aid kit for free. I think its a great deal along with 1.9 percent financing and first month payment paid with the college graduate program. I'm looking at 28,100 OTD for the car, minus first months payment. Looks like i'm going to VW.

Archived