LegacyGT.com

There is nothing wrong with my car.

You DROVE it?? What were you THINKING??

and where's Rao?

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

I think I can say with some certainty that your turbo is about to blow, your clutch is toast, your LCA bushings are non existant, the suspension is clapped out and the dual zone climate control blows. I've probably missed a few things but its really hard to inspect your car from here.;)

It should run great right up to the warranty period expiry date / mileage - then all the automatic breakdown triggers erupt and fun times begin.

How does that work if I get an extended warranty? Not that *I'd* ever get one, since I trust the factory, implicitly! Or, is it moot, since all extended warranties are a scam, anyway?

They're essential equipment on Detroit iron.

Speaking as someone who grew up in "Tha D," I am at once both offended, and humored by this... But, I dint know Scooby-Doos were made in Detroit!

I may hafta sell mine and buy something NOT assembled by drug-addicts & lazy old Men (I know this to be true because, having grown up in Detroit, I of course have family that work; if you can call it that, for one or more of the "Big" 3).

Maybe a nice BMW... Those aren't made in America, are they :confused:.

66k problem free miles is absolutely not normal. You should immediately take it to the dealer and have them check it out. I'm sure they'll be able to tell you exactly why nothing is wrong with it and correct that for you.

If I had to guess, I'd say you've probably been using a quality oil and changing it frequently. You might want to work on that. Also, I'd look into all those knock-free logs. Without a detailed analysis by the Stage 2 Internet Cowboys on this site, you can't be too sure what isn't hiding there. Can you post a LearningView? I'd like to see where it isn't pulling timing.

Now is probably a good time to look into preventive maintenance as well. According to my local dealer, you have been on borrowed time with your timing belt for the last 6k miles. I also foresee preemptive turbo rebuild in your near future.

But, I dint know Scooby-Doos were made in Detroit!

I was just disagreeing that service contracts are a scam. I didn't get a service contract with my wife's car and I laughed at the Subaru dealer when they tried to sell me one. But I wouldn't go near a car from three certain companies without getting a service contract, and I work at a Detroit oriented dealership.

I'm well aware that my Subaru was built by Murricans; very skilled ones. I sometimes have to point that out to flag wavers in their Mexican Ram pickups or Canadian Impalas.

Exactly! They're just done on different shifts. At least our gas peddles don't stick ;-)

I don't know about the gas pedal thing. Mine sticks on the floor every so often, but when I take my foot off it seems to fix the problem.

Archived