LegacyGT.com

Should I get one this year?

Thinking about a GT Ltd either Regal blue w/taupe or Silver w/charcoal. However I _really really really_ want factory nav. I'm not sure my current car will hold out through the next new england winter. I'm also not sure if next year there will be nav, but there have been plenty of rumors. How will the early introduction of the 05 MY affect the release of the 06 MY? So should place an order now or later?

It wouldn't be the worst thing to get the car and go with aftermarket NAV. There are a lot of GREAT options out there that will cost you equal amount or LESS than the factory NAV. There is a new Pioneed system that is coming out that looks very promising. Way more versatile than the factory unit. If you want the car or need the car then don't wait. I would recommend ordering now!

[quote name='Dr. Zevil']This might be the first time that we have truely agreed on something.. AMAZING!:lol:[/quote] No, we've agreed before. Exhibit A: We both agree that Seth's testies are worth the equivalent of approxmately 1 nice aftermarket wheel.

[quote name='Dr. Zevil']It wouldn't be the worst thing to get the car and go with aftermarket NAV. There are a lot of GREAT options out there that will cost you equal amount or LESS than the factory NAV. There is a new Pioneed system that is coming out that looks very promising. Way more versatile than the factory unit. If you want the car or need the car then don't wait. I would recommend ordering now![/quote] Yes, but they never really integrate well, and they always look like fisher price made them. Lost of useless ornamentation and flashy gadgets to engage 4 year olds. What do I need a screensaver in my car for? :(

[quote name='Deer Killer']Yes, but they never really integrate well, and they always look like fisher price made them. Lost of useless ornamentation and flashy gadgets to engage 4 year olds. What do I need a screensaver in my car for? :([/quote] Not always. I've seen some very nice units.

[quote name='Deer Killer'][quote name='Dr. Zevil']It wouldn't be the worst thing to get the car and go with aftermarket NAV. There are a lot of GREAT options out there that will cost you equal amount or LESS than the factory NAV. There is a new Pioneed system that is coming out that looks very promising. Way more versatile than the factory unit. If you want the car or need the car then don't wait. I would recommend ordering now![/quote] Yes, but they never really integrate well, and they always look like fisher price made them. Lost of useless ornamentation and flashy gadgets to engage 4 year olds. What do I need a screensaver in my car for? :([/quote] I will see if I can find a link to the new pioneer unit. It was very classy and can do EVERYTHING!

[quote name='Deer Killer']However I _really really really_ want factory nav. [/quote] I think you just answered your question. Which is a bigger deal to you -- getting a Legacy sooner or having the factory Nav system? If you buy an 05 and Nav shows up in 06 would you be able to live with your decision? But remember, Nav is only a rumor. To answer your other question, I think the 06s would arrive when they normally do -- typically in the late summer and early fall. Ken

If you can source the JDM bezel, I bet mattjk could whip up a mattjk screen for you in the JDM spot and figure out how to hook up navi. [img]http://www.pbase.com/image/21471983/original.jpg[/img] [url]http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=548996[/url]

Why not buy an '05 and then add the NAV if it becomes a factory option in '06? That's what I plan to do, if SOA makes it availible on the '06 I'd bet my bottom dollar that it would be plug and play on the '05's.

Archived