LegacyGT.com

What's a good price for used Heads?

I have a set of used heads that someone is interested in buying. I have no idea what to ask for them... I don't want to ask too much but I also don't want to give them away. They're from an 05 LGT 2.5GT with 75K on them. They would be coming off of an engine with a spun bearing. I have no idea of their condition yet as I haven't had time to remove/clean/inspect.

• I Donated Too

A starting guide might be the price of re-manufactured heads... and then price accordingly since yours have 75k on them... usually a part is worth as much as someone is willing to pay for them...

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_Cylinder-Head-Remanufactured-Spartan-ATK-Engines_99980515-P_246_R%7CGRP60012_1272838550____

A starting guide might be the price of re-manufactured heads... and then price accordingly since yours have 75k on them... usually a part is worth as much as someone is willing to pay for them...

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_Cylinder-Head-Remanufactured-Spartan-ATK-Engines_99980515-P_246_R%7CGRP60012_1272838550____

I couldn't find a part description on these re-man'd heads but according to the picture these are single overhead cam heads for a 2.5I. I suspect the 2.5gt heads would be more. I believe this price includes a core return as well. If you buy used heads it would be a good idea to have a local machine shop (that you trust) check the heads before using them. I have seen heads sell from $600 (both) for a used set - all the way to $2500 for built/new heads.

I had my existing LGT heads cleaned, three angle valve job, and re-assembled for $400.

• I Donated Too
I couldn't find a part description on these re-man'd heads but according to the picture these are single overhead cam heads for a 2.5I.

hmm... picture I see shows a DOHC and according to the sites always accurate 'will this fit my car' they claim this does fit the GT...

This link came up in another thread recently... :icon_roll

Thanks all. I was thining they should go for somewhere around the $500 mark, but I wasn't sure. I'm not trying to make a killing, but I am trying to help recoop some cash and help out a fellow LGT owner. So I just want to find a good price for the both of us. Thanks again!

I couldn't find a part description on these re-man'd heads but according to the picture these are single overhead cam heads for a 2.5I. I suspect the 2.5gt heads would be more. I believe this price includes a core return as well. If you buy used heads it would be a good idea to have a local machine shop (that you trust) check the heads before using them. I have seen heads sell from $600 (both) for a used set - all the way to $2500 for built/new heads.

I had my existing LGT heads cleaned, three angle valve job, and re-assembled for $400.

FWIW Advanced Auto almost always uses one random stock photo on their websites.

Archived