LegacyGT.com

Need tire help...fast

Howdy all,

Some cockduster slashed my tires last night. I have a spare set of P205 70R15 in the garage. I need to know if I should spend a week or 2 hitching to work or will these tires fit on until I can get new ones.

I've been looking for the answer, even called Subaru but they told me they can only advise the stock size.

Car is a 96 Legacy GT 2.5

Thanks

• I Donated

As long as you have all 4 tires it will be ok. If you are only putting part of a set on though, DO NOT DO IT as you will damage the center diff.

205 / 70 / 15 probably will fit. It may scrub a little when you turn though.

Why dont you just put them on ant test it out? I had 195/65/15 on my GT without any issues

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

• I Donated
Yeah, I think you will be ok with those tires. They may scrub a little at full lock or in hard cornering...but normal driving should be ok

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

I don't need this help fast....but I too have a sizing question. I purchased a set of WRX 16" wheels, with Blizzak 205/55/16s for winter. The guy who sold them to me (part of the local Subaru club) informed me they would fit my 97 Legacy L with stock suspension. Could any of you confirm this?

• I Donated

Yeah, the WRX wheels wrapped in any 205/55/16 tire will fit perfect...and look a whole lot better too.

You can actually run 215/55/16s as well if you were interested in a bit of a wider tire

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

• I Donated

No problem lulzcow. I'll post pics of my GT with WRX wheels eventually

http://www.klove.com/BLOG/image.axd?picture=2010%2F7%2FHappyCow%5B1%5D.jpg

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

Another question about tires/wheels then. I'm looking to pick up a set of 17's with more low profile tires, such as Advan S4's. Do you suppose those should fit the stock suspension too? And if so, what size sidewall is cutting it close? 45?

Another question about tires/wheels then. I'm looking to pick up a set of 17's with more low profile tires, such as Advan S4's. Do you suppose those should fit the stock suspension too? And if so, what size sidewall is cutting it close? 45?

Going form 16" to 17" in a Gen 2 Legacy would translate form 205/55r16 to 205/50r17.

I said "Is that right"

Ah - I read it with the wrong diction.

"Is the fact you stated purported to be accurate?"

vs.

"I can't believe that to be correct. Is it?"

vs.

"Is that right....well go f*** yourself."

I assume now you meant the last one.

Either way - not trying to flame or troll, just makin' jokes.

• I Donated
Yes I know that. Its all good. I couldn't think of anything better to say at the moment. But then I made jokes at your photoshopped coupe, so we are even now (:

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

Archived