LegacyGT.com

Beginning a Stage1 05 OB XT Ltd 5MT (pics)

Hi peeps, been a long time lurker lol. Today tho I received the check from the bank for my OB XT which I proceeded to rip the headlights and grille off today...in the rain lol. Been sorta looking for this car for over a year now but I started off looking for a Forester XT 5MT.Which is funny because after many many we found the Forester and OB at the same time lol. Drove em both and ended up putting up only the Forester up on our dealerships website :cool:Starting a flat black and plasti-dip project which I will be posting more about soon:) Soon to come AEM short ram intake, perrin catless downpipe and mid pipe and avo up pipe. Then more to come hehehe.

Like all good introductions it comes with a question:)

I dug up this thread http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/official-my2005-production-numbers-model-color-83304.html with the production numbers for MY2005 Legacys

Given the build of this car I would assume its somewhat rare

What I would like to know is how do I match my vin up to the three letter code on this list? I'm really curious to know how many were actually made.

P.S. Thank you guys for having a golden vault of knowledge on Subies:)

287278_2041200506848_1149363428_32008642_6455105_o.thumb.jpg.7a17a54007051141c3d83791d1d21022.jpg

The 3 letter code is the paint code. Yours is GRP, though it's listed on one of the ID plaques in a door jamb somewhere.

Looks like they made 152 of yours.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

The 3 letter code is the paint code. Yours is GRP, though it's listed on one of the ID plaques in a door jamb somewhere.

Looks like they made 152 of yours.

I have the tan leather int. So they made 188 of mine which is still nuts:cool:

Thank you!!! As far as the intake I know it won't do anything as far as performance. I'm getting it off our Subaru tech for $20. With that and removing the intake resonator I'll be able to actually hear the turbo and bov:)
You still might want to skip it - the MAF is sensitive to intake changes. Unless you're going to get a tune & adjust your MAF scaling I wouldn't mess with it.

After looking at lots if threads. The more I've read what I'm really doing is more of a stage2 setup rather than a stage1. With all three cats being removed and at least an open source tune I guess that's a stage2. After this I'm hoping to be sitting around 210whp. Now I know the stock intake is good till around 380hp. Now is that whp or flywheel hp? Since my next step is a vf52 swap which after tuning should be around 300whp would the intake be needed then since that's over 400 flywheel hp? Either way I'm getting the intake it's part of the package I'm getting for like 170.

From what I've seen, 99% of the figures quoted on here are whp. With a custom tune the intake shouldn't be a problem. Personally I would just make sure they're familiar with tuning that particular intake. If your tuner's not, or you plan on using an off the shelf (aka OTS, not custom), I'd leave the stocker. You're going to need a new tune with the VF52 anyway, you could add it then if you decided you wanted to.

I think your estimate's a little conservative, I'd bet you'd hit at least 230whp. FWIW, my AP estimates 235 on my 3rd gear dyno pulls, and that's with a catted DP.

Sounds like you're doing a good job researching. There are tons of intake threads to read up on. :)

Hmmm ok then. The tune I'll be doing won't be a OTC tune we are going to road tune it with his laptop and such. I've been researching this and many other things a lot here. It really helps that we employ a factory trained tech but he's no tuner lol. Right now while waiting to getting her into the shop to remove the turbo oil screen and cats I'm doing cosmetic stuff. Right now I have one headlight almost ready to go back in the oven to reseal it. Just gotta wait for some garnet red touchup paint to come in for a unique touch for blacked out headlights:-)~

Archived