LegacyGT.com

Attention people running x8.5 and/or 245/45 tires

thestratomaster

Looking at picking up a set of 17x8.5 et48 SSR wheels with 245/45-17 tires. Test fit them today. Clear everything, but just barely clearing the strut perch. I would be able to run only about zero camber with them. Anyone running a wide tire/rim setup on struts and springs? Don't want to get coils if at all avoidable.

I am. what offset are they? I'm running 17x8.5 SSR comps +48 with 245/40/17 Hankook Ventus RS-3 (very very wide 245)

Clears the strut perch no problem with bilsteins and pinks and -1.5 deg camber

This is great to know. I have been thinking about getting some 17x8.5's for a while now and have been wondering how large of a tire I could fit w/out problems. I'm on Bilsteins/Pinks as well.

exactly the same down to brand of wheels hah. tires are 45 profile though. made a big difference

What suspension are you running?

I am. what offset are they? I'm running 17x8.5 SSR comps +48 with 245/40/17 Hankook Ventus RS-3 (very very wide 245)

Clears the strut perch no problem with bilsteins and pinks and -1.5 deg camber

Franz, is a roll and pull necessary?

Looking at picking up a set of 17x8.5 et48 SSR wheels with 245/45-17 tires. Test fit them today. Clear everything, but just barely clearing the strut perch. I would be able to run only about zero camber with them. Anyone running a wide tire/rim setup on struts and springs? Don't want to get coils if at all avoidable.

its close to the perch because your sidewall ratio is too tall. a 245/40/17 would be much better.

Archived