LegacyGT.com

slow dropping idle after tapping the trottle

:confused:Just like the title says my idle will level off at about 1100rpm after revving it to any rpm and then it slowly drops back to normal 7000 or so rpm, any ideas as to what is causing this? :confused:

Just be glad you have this problem and not the other way around.

I believe my 09 Spec B likes to wait a second or two at around a 1000 before settling out at idle.

You may have a sensor dirty

You may want to edit that 7000 to 700 too.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

No, any MAF sensor cleaner will be fine. The one I have is made by CRC, but I've never heard of anybody preferring one brand over another. You can also use non-chlorinated brake cleaner or electrical contact cleaner if you can't find any MAF cleaner. Shouldn't be too hard to find, though.

I watched my tach today while driving. 09 Spec B, let off the gas to coast to a stop sign. Idle dropped to 1100, stayed there until the car stopped moving then dropped to 800-900.

I even rev'd it while still rolling, did the samething.

At the stop sign, rev'd it, it came back to 900.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Mines a 5eat so I did it while in neutral, I had just re set the ecu with my AP and it's not doing it anymore so maybe I had something glitching, I did however use some mad cleaner and now it just runs slot sm

Archived