LegacyGT.com

I just got a 2006 Legacy GT with the 2.5 Spec B boxer motor.. It runs fine just cruising but then in third gear when i get on it it hesitates and is almost like its governed at 3rpms and wont move and it does the same in fourth and fifth. i cant get the car to go above 80mph.. anyone know anything about this?

IN order for the experts here to help, you're probably going to need to buy a $15 VAG-COM cable, do some datalogging, and post the logs here. Some searching will on the site here will let you learn how to do that. Here's one link:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/using-ebay-vag-com-cable-datalog-96737.html

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

i heard maybe the cat is clogged and may need a new one with an o2 sensor, it the MAF senor is going out? do any of these sounds like it could be a problem to solve the issue. and im from the US.

its manual, first gear is alright, second gear is ok, third gear it sputters and sometimes wont go above 3grand and it just holds and it smells like its burning something. and when cruising in 5th gear it stable untill i hit the gas i cant get it to go above 70-80 mph it just spits and sputters.

Everyone - can you please refrain from stupid comments about Spec B or not everytime it comes up?

so it wasnt at all relevant when the OP said they had an 06 GT with a Spec.B motor in it :confused:

English Second Language failure here twice it seems...

So it doesnt have anything to do with the turbo or anything? the car idles fine it runs good at normal drive i can punch it in first and second somewaht of a hesitant in second, but third it jumps and sputters does the same in fourth and fifth gear.

I had a vac(boost) leak that only happened under load (took pressure to make it leak), which manifested at the same time as yours, but the car still drove fine, it was VERY noisy when you hit 3k in 3rd while pushing it. That's more what I'd expect from a boost leak sort of situation.

I think you'd notice the noises/etc if that were the case. It would take a very significant leak to make it so you can't accel past 3k.

Archived