LegacyGT.com

Yeah, that sounds more like it's ECU related to me. The ECU can definitely have the rev limiter fuel cut modified. The AccessPort comes with a 'valet mode' which does basically just that. I believe you can drive normally (under wastegate spring boost levels) in 1/2 for the full range, then 3+ you can't exceed 3-4k or somesuch.

I believe there are also "failure" type situations where the ECU will do this, but it should throw a CEL for any of those.

It will be most useful to datalog it, as you'll be able to see what kind of boost/vac you're hitting, fueling, corrections, etc.

IN order for the experts here to help, you're probably going to need to buy a $15 VAG-COM cable, do some datalogging, and post the logs here. Some searching will on the site here will let you learn how to do that. Here's one link:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/using-ebay-vag-com-cable-datalog-96737.html

[...]You definitely need to get it datalogged and check knock corrections, etc.

[...]You should data log like others said

[...]It will be most useful to datalog it, as you'll be able to see what kind of boost/vac you're hitting, fueling, corrections, etc.

*Sigh*

Archived