LegacyGT.com

Engine SLOW when A/C is on

• I Donated

The new OB is slow as mollasis when the A/C is on...seems abnormally slow. When the AC isn't on, it runs great.

I've cleaned the IAC, MAF, TB, seafoam in the brake booster line, FI cleaner in the tank, and I'm working on a tune up now.

Any other ideas?

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

• I Donated

This is my first Subaru with A/C...so I wouldn't know lol.

It seems like its WAY too slow though. I lose about 60% of my power when using AC

however, not that I have the plugs out of the car...I think I can see why.

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

• I Donated

Its sticky and muggy as hell here.

Things cleared up a little after a tune up and cleaning everything...however I think my IAC is still gunked up. I need to clean it some more

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

Mine did the same when I drove it home. Granted, it was in terrible shape...but still.

And when I owned a Taurus, the difference wasn't too noticeable, but you could tell it had less pull, especially entering the highway.

Even if the heat index is 110 here, I still roll around with the windows down instead of using AC. Never been a fan of it

I tried pulling a full car of people with tools in the trunk (~100 lbs) with the A/C on. Yeah not gonna happen. There is absolutely no pull to the car (not like there has been lately anyways)

• I Donated

Eh my GT had some pep to it...same engine / trans / final drive.

Today I figured out that it doesnt have a SUbaru coil pack. I don't know WTF it came from, but wires are spliced to make it work. hmm

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

Every Subaru I've owned (back to an 01 2.5RS) cuts the A/C out when you go past a certain throttle to mitigate this. It *is* a dog when you're light on the throttle and it's engaged though. If I'm idling and the A/C kicks in on the Spec B, the car will actually shudder a bit under the drag.

there is a ''power mode'' mod that will change the shift criteria, especially the down shift criteria. makes a big difference when the AC is stealing all the power.

or you just reach over and turn it off for 20 seconds.

Archived