LegacyGT.com

Finally logged a 3rd gear pull last night, would someone take a look for me?

Turkeylord

I've been doing some reading on trying to interpret these logs, but I'd still rather have you pros take a look... Just wanna make sure I'm in good shape.

AP dyno pulls average about 240whp & 300 torques...

And 'scuse my noobness, but do I have to have the laptop plugged into the OBDII dongle while in the car to get a "learning view"?

Thanks!

datalog11.csv

Log is clean, but you are logging some unnecessary parameters (af corre, af learning, baro pres, man abs). I haven't seen boost error, so someone else will need to chime in on that. You should still pull a LV to be sure. Yes, hook your laptop to the car via dongle.

Are you stage 1 or 2? Boost is seems typical of stage 1.

Thanks for the reply. I'll adjust which ones I'm logging and re-post soon.

I have the Invidia UP and CNT catted DP, everything else is stock. Running the Cobb Stage 2 91 Oct map, I believe the boost target is 15.8, so I think mine is running a little low...

Not sure how you can even come to the conclusion of a clean log without two important parameters; feedback knock corr and fine learning knock corr. add those, remove baro pressure, man abs pressure, maf volt, and af learning 1. yes you need to be connected to obbdii to use a learning view. can't log and lv at the same time.

It would be nice to see a higher scale of calculated load, over 1.60, the higher the load, the more important it is to know if you're knocking. though the 1.40 is nothing to worry about, really

It looks like I can just edit the column headings on that table in the map... looking at my log, the highest load I got was 2.61, what values should I throw in there?

Looks like it steps up .25 each column now, so to step up .40 would get me .85 , 1.25 , 1.65 , 2.05. Would that be high enough? Should I mess with the starting point of .85?

Thanks for your help!

Then add 2.61, learning view program does all this automatically, the accessport is less than optimal. Also that correction table shows a decent vaccume leak or something was changed involving your intake or maf scaling. The AP requires stock intake setup and that's what you said you had, does it idle rough at all?

I don't think I can add another column :(

I pulled and re-installed the intercooler last night (straightened some bent fins), I bet I need to double check it.

All stock intake, though I did have the silencer off until replacing it last night... I suppose I shouldn't be f'in with stuff inbetween logs when I'm asking you guys for help :redface: Sorry 'bout that...

Thanks again

subawang, I've been finding some of your old posts when searching... very helpful... I saw that you had rescaled your fine knock learning table 1, 1.5, 2, 2.5. I'll try that next time.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/should-proceed-dirty-learning-viewi-157993.html

Wish I could take credit for that. It is an Infamous1 tune. But this way you at least have some resolution at higher load operation.

Looks like you may have had a knock event around 3400-3500 rpm. (lines 18+19 in the log) Are you logging knock correction advance? It looks like the ecu pulled 3* at those lines from what I can tell, or it could be a goofy spot in your timing table. Knock sum didn't increment though....looks pretty solid otherwise. You do have a lot of unnecessary things being logged, I'd ditch af learning, af correction, baro pressure, maf volts, manifold absolute pressure. Add knock correction advance. Turbo dynamics is only really useful when dialing in boost pressure and wastegate tables (to me at least).

EDIT: If the timing values in that log aren't ignition TOTAL timing, you should switch out for Ignition total timing. That may explain the 3* drop in the log.

-Steve

Are you looking at the old log? I dropped a lot of that stuff on the last one...

Oops, didn't even see the second attachment below the LV. Second log looks basically the same as the first so I'm thinking it's the base timing map that is what I'm seeing around 3500 rpm. Look at lines 21-22 in the most recent log. Timing is coming down nicely as the rpms and boost rises until about 2750 (line 17), then it starts going up again, and drops the second time at line 22 to 14.5*. If you are having someone tune this for you, I would have them look at your timing in that range to see if they can smooth it out.

If you are doing the map yourself, I would try and blend the timing in that area. I try and make it so that the timing curve, if you plot it in excell, makes more of a V shape. Right now yours is going \ /\ /. The car looks happy with how it is now though, I'm not any kind of an expert on tuning so this is just my .02.

Are you feeling any hesitation around that 3500 rpm point? If not I'd probably just leave it alone, it's not a big dip.

You're also underboosting just a little bit according to TD boost error. You could try increasing your initial and max wastegate tables a couple % from about 3600 rpm on up.

-Steve

Archived