LegacyGT.com

How Do You Like Our Cup Holders?

Just wondering if you guys like or hate the way the cup holder's are in the center console. My plastic water bottle's always tip's and fall over. Just so annoying and useless. How do you like it or what do you do to keep it from falling over? My 92 Subaru was a lot better and more useful. This has been bothering me since I bought the car. Is there an extension or something?

I like them scrambled....

Oh you don't mean that.. :lol:

I don't mind them, not often I have a drank in my car. Like how a medium coffee fits perfectly in the holder not getting in the way of my arm shifting.

I have the same problem, since I cannot function without a 24oz java on the way to work. It always tips over. I try to drive like a grandma from stoplights to prevent it and sometimes it still tips :spin:

What we need is a way to clamp the sliding top/cover in place so that we can slide it up against the coffee cup and lock it so it doesn't just get pushed back when the coffee starts to tip.

I expect to see an ad for this on late-night tv soon. Go, entrepreneurs, go!

water/gatorade bottles fit perfectly between the left side of the drivers seat and the door. i dont like them in the cupholder because it F's with my precision shifting mechanism also known as my arm

Never really had a problem with my cup holder, and I use the sliding lid to help hold the drinks sometimes

What I want that I saw in a '10 Outback was bottle holders built into the doors, now that is awesome. Water bottles are too tall and get in the way of shifting.

water/gatorade bottles fit perfectly between the left side of the drivers seat and the door. i dont like them in the cupholder because it F's with my precision shifting mechanism also known as my arm

Lardo, what do you do so they dont fall out when you get out? I noticed it is a nice place to put the bottles but they fall out when I get out

5eat downshift rev match:):wub:

Powder coated wheels: completed:)

Move them before you open the door...
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Lardo, what do you do so they dont fall out when you get out? I noticed it is a nice place to put the bottles but they fall out when I get out

Put it in the cupholder before i open the door, but I usually forget its there, so I climb under the car and retrieve it before placing it in the cupholder.

I've never had a major issue with mine. The extended armrest gets in the way of the back one so I can't use both at the same time. I do have to keep the top extended to hold my coffee in place though.

Current: 16 Crosstrek Premium w/ Eyesight & 05 Outback XT 5MT

Past Subies: 14 FXT Premium, 14 WRX hatch, 06 Legacy 2.5i SE 5MT, 98 Outback wagon

Must really get in the way of your boost button as well.

I put a water bottle in the front holder, slide the cover mechanism, and put my iPod/iphone on top of the slider. It helps keep it from sliding back. Works great.

Of course, if it were a coffee, I'd be a bit more weary since a spill would cost me a new phone.

• I Donated

You guys complaining about these cupholders are ridiculous. They are better than the cupholders in at least half of modern cars. My last car (first-gen Infiniti G20) didn't have cupholders at all -- zero. After a while, I got tired of that and put in cupholders from a first-gen Ford Taurus, but the center console slanted forward, so I couldn't even get most cups into the cupholder. The second-gen G20 wasn't much better; it had a really shallow cupholder in front of the shifter that was really only good for holding change or 12-oz cans... anything else would fall out. And then there was a cupholder inside the center armrest.

Basically, kwitcherbitchin. :lol:

Now, 2nd gen cupholders are a joke...

Current: 16 Crosstrek Premium w/ Eyesight & 05 Outback XT 5MT

Past Subies: 14 FXT Premium, 14 WRX hatch, 06 Legacy 2.5i SE 5MT, 98 Outback wagon

I took out the cup holder divider and just keep stuff in there since I don't have a cubby anymore. The top is normally closed too. I have one of those reusable aluminum cans that I've had for like 5 years. I keep it in the rear cup holder so it's out of the way. I hate drinks being in my way of shifting or should say comfortably shifting. Especially since you can't just rest your arm on the non-existent arm rest and shift like more other sporty cars.

Now, 2nd gen cupholders are a joke...

This. Let's put a poorly sized, thin plastic cup holder with essentially no support high in the center stack above the radio, and make it slide out to look cool, with no intentions of reinforcing or stabilizing said sliding mechanism for the unlikely scenario in which people would put cups in the cup holder.

I haven't a single problem with the way the 4th gen does it. They keep my drinks in one place, and when I have one or no drinks, I have a nice platform on which I can put my phone.

Horrible design imo. I actually am still looking into a cupholder swap from the newer civic design(06 to be precise) , which is the best system known to man. Just haven't been able to make it to the salvage yard yet :(

• 4 weeks later...

Archived