LegacyGT.com

Top motor mount (pitch stop) not connected

I bought it because I have always wanted a 2.5 Legacy wagon, and was inexperienced buying a used car. It was extremely cheap, and I figured that the total cost after repairs would still make it worth it. The total price is now at 2k, and get the o2 sensors tomorrow. As these repairs keep coming, it just gets smoother, nicer sounding, and the mpg has about doubled after the gaskets fix from yesterday. Hopefully after the o2 sensors go in, it'll be grand. Hopefully.

• I Donated

Riding without an upstream o2 sensor will make you run rich or lean...and make you misfire (ask me how I know lol)

You're MPG should increase quite a bit when you put the o2 in there

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

• I Donated

because my 97GTs upstream o2 wiring got caught up on the cv axle...pulled down the wiring harness...cause all kinds of electrical nightmares....blah blah blah

I got it running again but had to wait to buy an upstream o2. It ran like ass

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Exhaust back-pressure sounds more like a clogged catalytic converter to me. Those aren't cheap.

BTW - does your 97 Wagon have a 4th Gen, (2005-09) LGT turbo motor or a 2nd Gen (1997-99) LGT NA motor swapped into it?

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Same era, NA motor. And I guess I'm not even sure what I was asking neither. Sucks being a newb. I'll reserve further questions for any problems which may arise after the o2 sensors get installed.

The rotten egg smell is usually an indicator that you're burning high-sulfur gas (think Mexico gas). When you burn high-sulfur gasoline, the chemical reaction in the cats causes the sulfur to oxidize - and you get the rotten egg smell.

In older, high-mileage cars, this reaction will decrease (as the cat(s) are less efficient), and you'll notice less smell. Replacing the cat won't eliminate the sulfur smell, rather it will sharpen it, as newer cats tend to oxidize more of the sulfur

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Archived