LegacyGT.com

BOV need some help.

First off, I want to say I've done a lot of searching on the forum. There is quite a bit of info and I've taken it all into consideration. Now...

I bought my car with an AVO recirc BOV. Don't know model or anything.. Anyway, I had a chance to put a free TurboXS RFL on there. Now, it's atmospheric. Yes, of course it sounds cool.. whatever.. But that's not important to me. I'd love to leave it on, but is it going to work?? Right now, it keeps stalling. I've reflashed my tune and I've only driven it around for a day. Will this stop happening? I know people run these BOVs on Subies, but idk what they've done to keep it from stalling. Now, it will idle, and it drives fine. But clutching and letting it down to idle at anything higher than 2000 rpm, it stalls.. My tuner buddy (I'm a subie newby, so please be patient with me) says the car may eventually learn and fix itself. I don't mind driving a few days to see if that's the case. I can always just throw the AVO back on. Any help from you guys (you much more knowledgable guys!!!!) would be super appreciated. Thanks a lot

You can have the stalling tuned out to a degree, but it's quite a pita. The stalling will not go away on it's own. You need to use either a 50/50 BOV or a BPV in order for the engine to respond properly. My suggestion, put the AVO back on. The car is expecting air to come back into the intake system when you let off, and there isn't right now, so the fuel is injected, but has no air, so it bogs, and can stall.

Everyone has an opinion on running VTA with our MAF setup and there are certainly people running the stock MAF and using a VTA BOV. You can tune out many of the VTA "issues" but why do you feel you need to keep the TurboXS? In my opinion, turning up the idle and making other tweaks is just masking a sub-optimal setup.

one thing you can do is tighten up the spring on the bov, so that it only lets excess boost out. then closes right away. but it will still dump black smoke out every time you let off the throttle.

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

if you just reflashed the using the AP then you need to give the car about a week to relearn all of its basic parameters such as idling. i did mine about 5 days ago to add launch control...flashed it, drove it, stalled out at a redlight just by clutching it, gave it a few days and its good to go.

if you just reflashed the using the AP then you need to give the car about a week to relearn all of its basic parameters such as idling. i did mine about 5 days ago to add launch control...flashed it, drove it, stalled out at a redlight just by clutching it, gave it a few days and its good to go.

Its gonna stall no matter what with a VTA BOV, the computer will never correct enough not to stall

5eat downshift rev match:):wub:

Powder coated wheels: completed:)

Archived