LegacyGT.com

headlights won't turn off

97 lgt didn't come with Daytime Running Lights.

if it is infact your head lights it may be the switch. iif so you will need to replace the ''clock spring'' and switch comtraption in the steering column. you have to remove the air bag and steering wheel to get to it. i don't remember if the switches are actually part of the clock spring or not but once the steering wheel is off all is pretty easy.

if the head lights are on all the time, even when the car is off, it may be more than just the switch.

if it is just the parking lights, there is a switch on top of the steering column. it will keep the parking lights on even when the car is off . it is referred to as the ''battery kill switch''.

• I Donated

if your headlights are working right, why did you ask about them? lol

do the running lights in the front work? if so, i would change the bulbs in the rear. if that doesn't take care of it...the sockets for the bulbs are likely bad. common problem on these cars

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

if your headlights are working right, why did you ask about them? lol

do the running lights in the front work? if so, i would change the bulbs in the rear. if that doesn't take care of it...the sockets for the bulbs are likely bad. common problem on these cars

Common? never heard of it yet.

• 5 months later...

I got into some deep shit last night. Had to have a rescue crew come pull me out.

Once i got home I turned my car off and bam.....headlights stay on. Tried turning the switch off and nothing. Have to pull the battery.

Where is this switch in the steering wheel? The corner lights come on too and will turn on/off with the stalk. But not the headlights

Archived