LegacyGT.com

HID Kit - Whose last?

blongo804

Hey everyone, i've done a search already. It looks like a lot like DDM, some don't like. A few people also mentioned Morimoto's HID's. How are they?

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/product_info.php?products_id=170

That's what I found.

I'm just looking for brighter light output and just a better looking light overall with longevity. I feel the stock light output is crappy compared to what an HID can do.

I originally bought DDM, they sent me two different temperature bulbs and a ballast went out within 24 hours. I had to dispute with my credit card because they were unresponsive and their "warranty" was worthless.

I ended up going with these and they are perfect:

http://www.importimageracing.com/p/HID-Conversion-Kit.html

I ran DDM HIDs in my last car and they were fantastic. I was originally going to install them in my car, but decided to try the Rallye and HIR combination. The low beams aren't as bright as HIDs, but lots of usable light for the back roads I drive every day.

Current: 16 Crosstrek Premium w/ Eyesight & 05 Outback XT 5MT

Past Subies: 14 FXT Premium, 14 WRX hatch, 06 Legacy 2.5i SE 5MT, 98 Outback wagon

So far consensus is going with stay away from DDM. Those TRS ones are nice! They're about double the price but I believe the quality is there. Pay more now rather than pay more down the road is what I like. Thanks for the help!

Yeah the Raptor v2 kit is great, the only people who pipe up about not liking them are the few who have had bad experiences. Everyone else, myself included, just go on enjoying our perfectly functional lights. There are so many people running DDM Raptors that there are bound to be a few bad apples in the bunch. DDM = $50, Morimoto is $150. It's your money, don't waste it.

Doesn't the TRS also come with new projectors?

You can get them bundled with projectors (FX-R, Mini H1, etc) or as standalone plug and play "kits". Keep in mind that the TRS kits (ballasts ans bulbs) also always come with a relay harness specific for your socket type.

"This is an adventure."

Archived