LegacyGT.com

Plastic Strip on Door

I just recently got new tires put on and had my rims re coated to look like new. Unfortunately not more than 10 mins after picking up my car, some one put a slight door ding in that plastic strip along the passenger side front door. My question is if that is a part that can be ordered in my body color, or is it something that will more than likely be in black and need to be painted?

If it can be ordered i would be so happy!

Stop by the dealer, pick up a jar of touch up paint and fill in the chip.

I did that to the rubber strip on the drivers door on the Spec B.

The rubber strip comes un-painted.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

online from a website, or from like a dealership?, part number, website?

Thanks,

Poisonous

Looks like you can order it online for about $100 shipped and it appears to be available already color-matched from some places. Your local dealer should be able to get it as well.

I know i could call a dealership, but i live no where near one of those, i have been searching but have only found molding for 2010 legacy....i will just have to call the closest dealership and see what they charge!!!!!!

P.S. i can read, no need to bold, my question was perfectly fine! i mean i did start the thread, if you don't like don't look!

I've been sleeping with my A/C on the past couple nights, I don't sleep well that way. So you were the closest, most readily available target in my travels through the forum.

Anyway. C2L is the code. I'd call around, I can only find touch-up paint on the goog.

Sorry, appears I was looking at the wrong part before as I can only find this in black, so you would need to get it painted. I would probably try calling a dealership just to find out if they can get it pre-painted. If they can't mail it to you for a reasonable cost you could always ask them to e-mail you a quote or something so you can get the part number and try to find it online. The part number for the black (unpainted) molding is below. Good luck!

Passenger front door Part # (Retail $59):

91012AG00ANN

Thank ya sir! that will come in handy, i just feel that touch up paint will look unprofessional, and i know i would know its there, but if i replaced the whole molding with one that was repainted at least it would look right and i would feel better!

I was told by the dealer, that the legacy uses no clips? just a side panel adhesive. He informed me that with the extreme heat and a piece of fishing line, it would not be hard to get off. Then have the new piece painted and it would come with new adhesive....i thought for sure subaru would use clips, but i guess that makes it easier!

Archived