LegacyGT.com

Who has had the 5EAT torn down?

I know there is a transmission section but we get more love here. So is there anyone that has torn down a 5EAT before? I am asking because a few days ago I developed a nasty leak. The exit point is out of the front of the transmission right by the rubber O-ring that sits up against the torque converter. Is it possible that an internal seal is toast or should there be fluid in that area and just not be leaking out? Here are some pics to show what I mean.

I am wondering if an overfill caused the issues. I just did my VB/Cooler install and the car took a good amount of fluids. The reading on the transmission is such a pain. Not that I am perfect but it does not seem to be that difficult.

Either way I have a new rubber seal to install tomorrow, then the motor will be reinstalled. Wish me luck.

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/2915/img20110721002322.jpg

http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/4772/img20110721002349.jpg

[

Come on now, in the tranny forum there is a thread about how to make one of those tranny's last and about new valvebodies.

PM the guy's on that thread.

Good Luck, looks like the front seal is leaking. Download the manual and look at the pictures.

PM someone like ClimberD, I think he has these things figured out.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Glad I could be some help. I understand you were just tired.

Remember to look in theright section inthe manual, I think the GT's start around page 1600.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived