LegacyGT.com

Urgent!!

MOMO13

Hey Everyone,

I need help!! Lol. I’m on my 3rd o2 sensor and its starting to hurt the wallet. I made several mods to my car and one of them is my headers. The headers keep blowing my sensor and throwing a code (P0031 H02 Heater Control Circuit Low (Bank 1 Sensor 1)). I purchased a spacer to keep the sensor away from the headers but didn’t work. I have a Cobb AccessPORT. I was wondering if there’s a way to make a map to shut down the sensor and trick the ECU to think that it’s working properly. I’m open for any suggestions.

Thanks!!

Get rid of the headers.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Yea I find it hard to believe a company like them having issues like that and its not noted on here somewhere, I would get a second opinion. I know they sometimes have 2 places to put things are you sure there isn't another place to put that sensor? Are you using the right type of sensor? Maybe its not the right sensor and its not rated for the proper temperature.

agree with BAC5.2

You need a front O2 sensor to be working properly unless you want to run in open loop all the time and get 10 mpg

You can actually tune it to ignore the sensor and run the same AFRs as usual. It won't be controlled as precisely as running in closed-loop, but you'd be hard pressed to notice a difference without watching a gauge.

That said...

It would be better to actually fix this than to just tune around it. Tons of people run those same headers without any problems, so I don't think the headers are what caused it.

My guess is bad wiring and/or bad connectors, but that's just a guess. A dealership or a good shop will probably have a list of things to investigate.

If everything was shitting rainbows before the headers, and afterwards you started burning through O2 sensors, then you be the judge of the best course of action.

I'd remove the headers, and see if that fixes it. If it does, sell the headers. If it doesn't, keep looking for the problem.

Did you get the car tuned for the headers?

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

How old are your headers? IIRC, perrin had an older design that mounted the O2 sensor near the bottom of the pipe, which caused condensation related sensor failures.

I had this same issue with a ~9month old sensor. Right after I had my perrin headers welded, it threw the heater code. It would only throw the code the first time I'd start it on colder days. Ordered a new sensor and it's fine now.

Hoping this doesn't happen again.

Archived