LegacyGT.com

Newbie with a problem.

the p0400 could be a loose gas cap or a rust hole in the filler neck.

p0420 is usually the front o2 sensor, ~$105 from subaru. a cheaper one may fix it but i have seen cheaper ones not fix it. could also be a leak in the exhaust. rarely is it the cats. ( i have heard stories that replacing the cats did not fix it and then a new subaru o2 sensor did fix it.)

p0325 is the knock sensor, 65$ at advance auto and 30 minutes to install.

and p0302 is a misfire on #2, the driver front cylinder. how long since this car had a tune up? new NGK plugs and subaru wires?

3 4

1 2

front

did all of these codes show up at the same time?

did you have any work done around the time the codes showed up?

it wont pass a saftey, i can't sell it.

Yes you can. Getting inspected is the responsibility of the buyer, not the seller.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

• I Donated
Yes you can. Getting inspected is the responsibility of the buyer, not the seller.

It depends on where you are at.

Here in the Atlanta area, its a crime to sell a vehicle without a passing emissions. If you don't sell it with an emissions paper, you can be fined $250

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

It depends on where you are at.

Here in the Atlanta area, its a crime to sell a vehicle without a passing emissions. If you don't sell it with an emissions paper, you can be fined $250

That sucks.

So it's not legal to sell parts cars?

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

• I Donated
That sucks.

So it's not legal to sell parts cars?

It depends. In GA there are 13 counties that have emissions (Atlanta and surrounding areas). If you sell to someone outside the 13 counties, then it doesnt have to have emissions on it....however if someone from outside the 13 counties sells a car to someone inside Atlanta area...then it has to have it. No exceptions.

With that being said, its not something that the law looks for. In order for it to be enforced, the buyer has to call Georgia Clean Air Force and file a complaint about it. Once a complaint is filed, the seller will be fined.

You can find all kinds of parts cars on Craigslist here. Anyone buying a parts car knows its not going to pass emissions lol. However, if the buyer wanted to be a cock bag, they could turn in the seller and screw them over.....even if it was a parts car

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

the misfire on 2 could be the wires. After washing the car. it was arcing from the distributor at #2. wire was unplugged to let dry but was discovered to be blue/green hell they all are.

Im pretty sure they're original wires.

Archived