LegacyGT.com

help with jdm ej25 swap

Ok I just picked up a jdm 2.5l to replace mine that has 165k on it with a lot of problems. I've been browsing topics and just want a bit of assurance. Can I run and will it work with the non-EGR manifold? Or should I swap manifolds? If I swap manifolds, the metal hose running from EGR to the cylinder head, can that be capped off? I really dont want to start drilling into the head to tap it. The one thing that pissed me off is that the wiring harnesses where just chopped off and now it looks like I;m going to have to rip the harnesses off the old motor. Any other tips would be greatly appreciated

You will need to swap heads or drill and tap the EGR hole if you dont want the code.

Even If I just cap the port where that line goes? And I still run the EGR? The inpection is tough here thats the only reason I am thinking about this. You cant even pay inspection stations off anymore to pass you.

If you need to pass emissions then you must have that pipe, its how the EGR works. Drilling and tapping the head is a cake walk, there is a thread on the forums giving you the drill and tap sizes. If I recall part of the whole is already drilled, you just have to finish and tap it. Otherwise you have to take your old heads and throw them on to make it work.

• I Donated

Yeah...share some photos.

Are you doing the swap yourself or paying someone else to do it for you? If you want to haul the car to Atlanta, I can do it for you haha

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

jdm engine depot. I'm doing everything myself I would have gotten the ej20 but I need this car to run asap. Its my daily transportation. They had a nice drivetrain out of an sti for $2100. Everything ,trans engine turbo downpipe intercooler and ecu. I was going to do that but after reading another thread, I didnt have the time to do all the extra work to get it to work.

Archived