LegacyGT.com

ECUFlash crash... Bricked?

B-BGTLimited

So I was doing my Stage 2 flash with my Tactrix and it got no response doing two or three steps and "crashed" out. Tried to do the flash again same thing happened. Third time I can't even connect to the ECU now. I'm getting "Run Mode Change System Check" on the display and then it just sits there with the S mode flashing, Fuel pump running, Brake light on, SES light on, battery light on, and oil pressure light on. It will not start at all.

I also can not connect to it anymore with the Tactrix cable.

So is it bricked? And where is the ECU Located so I can pull it and send it to Tactrix for repair.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can't swap ECMs about...gotta get it programmed to your car.

Do you mind elaborating on that a bit. I assumed I can't just slap any ECM in there and have it work, but thats why I looked up the number that is in my car and figured if I used that same ECM and flashed it with the map I was currently running after installation then I should be good... Am I incorrect at this?

Just rip the ECU out and ship it to Colby.
Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

I bricked one of my ECU's I found a used one frmo a junkyard for about 80 bucks and took it to dealer and had it re-mobilzed for my keys. Just make sure you get it for your specific vehicle 5speed/automatic/spec b 6 speed.
06 TB EVO IX SE stock turbo monster subaru hater :lol:

Just rip the ECU out and ship it to Colby.

+1 for a Tactrix bench flash

Per the link in the post below, apparently this is no longer an option.

Subiedad51 says Tactrix no longer fixes ecu's:

Here's a how-to from Nasioc. Read at your own risk.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2200443&highlight=unbrick+ecu

If you search on "Unbrick ECU" you'll find many a thread. Good luck.

I contacted them asking if they still offer the service if not I'll pull a JY ecm and get it flashed for my immobilizer and then ill build up a bench for the other ecm so ill have a spare and a way to fix it in the future.

This is way easier on my beretta I can swap in any "058" 97 ecm and flash it with my current bin and it will run fine.

I have also contacted two local JY's that say they have my turbo 5speed ecm so hopefully I can pick up one of those. I'll know more tomorrow.

Thanks for the replies.

Here's a how-to from Nasioc. Read at your own risk.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2200443&highlight=unbrick+ecu

If you search on "Unbrick ECU" you'll find many a thread. Good luck.

I'm going to start working on gathering the parts for this today... Cant get much worse than what I have now the ECM is completely unusable in its current state. LOL

Still waiting to hear back from all of the other e-mails I sent out, but its still only 8am.

The laptop is not iffy, I use it to flash and log my Beretta all the time, never had an issue... I was doing the stage 2 flash and it got to a certain point and was saying no response no response over and over in the log, so I'm not sure what glitched... Being a 07 I don't have to connect the green plugs to flash, but I think I'm going to in the future to ensure its in a test mode and doesn't do something during the write which could have been the cause.

Also it could be the file I tried to write. I'm going to delete that file and start a new one for stage 2.

Waiting on two call backs from two JY's that listed the ECM... so I may be ok with that soon.

Still kinda up in the air with the unbricking of the current one...

if it makes you feel any better, my tuner had a corrupted map on his computer and flashed it to my ECU, was hitting fuel cut randomly. Had no idea how the file ended up this way. Anyway, flashed it to an '09 GT 5MT and everything is dandy now.

I sent my ECU to tactrix earlier this year. They were able to respond and reflash pretty quickly, I only had a week of down time.

The source of my problem was one of the usb drives on my laptop. Now I always do a write test before flashing a new map. No problems since.

Yeah didn't do a test write... My fault on that one.

I'm gonna call Tactrix soon since that thread that says they dont do it anymore was just writen last month.

Got a new ECM coming my way for 150 from Dartmouth MA... I'll bring that in to a dealership and hopefully they can flash it to work on my car. That will give me more time to figure out this bench to fix the bricked one.

Archived