LegacyGT.com

Leaking oil from AMR cxr500 turbo

Oh i did. Its already been fixed once and its leaking again. The worst part is that when i blow heat or AC the entire inside of the car smells like oil. Josh has already helped me a ton with getting the turbo fixed once. Its AMR that cant get their shit right.

When i sent them the turbo they pretty much told its normal to have a little bit of leaking seals. How the heck is that normal? It snot normal for a $1300 turbo to leak oil.

HAHAH that packing job was a big Fck you LOL! man that blows ive heard foul stories about the CXR500 but this is a joke from AMR they should take the defective one back and give you a new one or a refund. It is the only right thing to do in this situation

I think i got their attention and i am in good communication with them at the moment. They told me that are for sure not going to give me a new turbo, which is sad. I just started a new job with a very reputable subaru aftermarket company :-) and going to be able to get some really good deal on some high quality products. So I am most likely going to either go with Modern Automotive Performance 20g BB turbo or might give a Tomei turbo a shot.

• 1 year later...

Archived