LegacyGT.com

Cleaning the dash....

it is a wierd finish on the dash. I tried the armor all stuff and i am still undecided about it. It almost makes things too bright / shinny for this type of dash than it should be.

I have been using just a damp towel lately.

I used to use a damp MF towel followed by a dry so it didn't streak at all, but it didn't always get fingerprints without a lot of effort. Ever since I started using the Meguiar's Quik Interior Details, I've been hooked. No greasy film or shiny surface, it just makes it look new (and it smells good too!).

303 is great stuff. I haven't used the Meguiar's interior detailer yet, but its next on the list of products to test out. What I've been using is Four Star's rubber and vinly protectant. I detail a lot of interiors and need a product I can buy in bulk. I have been really happy with the Four Star brand. Its available at premiumautocare.com. I only treat the dash a couple times a month and then I use my California Dash Duster to keep the dust off. Between the two of them I can keep the interior looking pretty sharp.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

I've read reviews from people who have used it and they say its a matte finish. I don't see high gloss interior protectants as much these days. I think the industry has finally caught on that nobody wants a greasy shiney dash.

OCDETAILS BLOG

I use Swifer dusting sheets (they are the refill sheets for the dusting mop!) to grab any dust, dirt and/or dog hair (<--)

Then:

I use Armor All Cleaning Wipes, doesn't streak or leave residue

Works Great!

~Sucka-Duck~

For day to day I have a cool lil combo brush i picked up at meijer, it has a california duster style duster on one end and a fine brush on the other end, so in less then a minute or two you can get the dust off the dash and sweep the vents clean.
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

Is UV protection necessary for the dash? Maybe the dash is already UV protected, such that no armor all or other such product that claims to offer UV protection is necessary on our cars.

The dash is not UV protected. If you want to keep it from fading and cracking then you have to use something. Keeping it dusted is one thing, but you have to put a protectant on it every now and then to keep it protected.

OCDETAILS BLOG

I haven't tried it yet but try using Honda cleaner(spray can) for motorcycles. I used to use on my cbr all the time and i know that a local Acura dealership uses it to detail their cars.

The dash is not UV protected. If you want to keep it from fading and cracking then you have to use something. Keeping it dusted is one thing, but you have to put a protectant on it every now and then to keep it protected.

But isnt it really more from heat and expansion in the summer and cold winters and the extremes in between since most glass on modern cars blocks uv rays?

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

Archived